- DHS Picks Non-Intrusive Air Cargo Scanner Designer. // Government Video;Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p29
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has awarded American Science and Engineering, Inc. (AS&E), a 14 million contract to design and build a non-intrusive inspection system for air cargo.
- USIS Nabs Potential $889M USCIS Award. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/11/2012, p6
The article reports on a contract received by U.S. Investigation Services (USCIS) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Border Security 2.0. Sternstein, Aliya // Government Executive;Jan2012, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p35
The article reports that the U.S. Homeland Security Department is planning to open bidding on a 10-year contract to replace the now-defunct Secure Border Initiative network.
- DHS Awards Helo Contract To EADS. Biesecker, Calvin // Helicopter News;3/7/2006, p4
The article reports on a contract received by the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co. from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) after being selected for the award. The value of the award is mentioned. The initial installment for the contract is cited. A background on the...
- Vying for VISIT. Harris, Shane // Government Executive;Sep2003, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p70
The much-anticipated USVISIT program to track every foreigner crossing American borders will begin to gain momentum at the end of the year. For the first several months, VISIT will rely on existing government systems at ports of entry to take fingerprints and photographs of 35 million annual...
- DHS Will Review Alternatives For Gen-3 BioWatch But Still Plans To Issue RFP. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;9/13/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 54, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will do outsourcing for an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for the Generation-3 BioWatch, its next-generation bio-detection system. The DHS Acquisition Review Board (ARB) directed that an AoA of the Gen-3 system be conducted...
- DHS Will Review Alternatives for Gen-3 BioWatch but Still Plans RFP. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/25/2012, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has directed an Analysis of Alternative (AoA) for its Gen-3 BioWatch System by a third party and a more rigorous Mission Needs Statement (MNS) for the project. According to DHS office of health affairs head Alexander Garza,...
- DHS Extends Boeing's SBI Contract Through November. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/22/2010, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p9
The article reports on the contract options received by Boeing Co. from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It informs that contract options have extended the Secure Border Initiative (SBInet) contract of Boeing through November 2010. It tells that the SBInet contract had been...
- Motorola [MOT]: Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/11/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
This section offers news briefs pertaining to the defense industry in the U.S. including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Federal Protective Service's awarding of a contract with Motorola to provide support services for its Voice-over Internet Protocol Radio Dispatch Network Services,...