Further Deleveraging Ahead
- Cyprus Key For Turkish Assets. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p13
Focuses on the proposed deal between the Cyprus and Turkish governments as of November 25, 2002. Implications of the proposed deal on European relations; External debt prices in Turkey.
- Europeans Wipe Debt Slate Clean. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
States that France, Germany and Spain have moved to cancel funds owed to them by Nicaragua. Total debts of Nicaragua; Contributing factors to Nicaragua's improved image abroad.
- Another debt wake-up call. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/27/94, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p16
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc., the world's largest bond rater, has downgraded its rating of Canada's foreign-dominated debt from AAA to AA1 (essentially AA+). Factors which led to the reduction.
- Canada's international net indebtedness. Lafrance, Robert; Kruger, Mark // Bank of Canada Review;Summer94, p37
Covers Canada's net external indebtedness increase from 1980 to 1993. Evolution of current account and savings/investment balances; Evolution of external balance sheet; Assessment of Canada's international indebtedness; Factors that raise the prospects for an improvement of Canada's external...
- Peru Peace Network advocates for poor. Wirpsa, Leslie // National Catholic Reporter;2/10/95, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p10
Features the Peru Peace Network and its success in stalling Peru's foreign debt payments. Letter of a nun to a major U.S. bank asking how much the Peruvian government owned the bank; Bank's answer contradicting the claims of the government; Controversy making the government stall its debt...
- U.S. net international investment (`debt') position: A review of some major issues. Mahdavi, Saeid // Review of Business;Spring93, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on issues in assessing the size and economic effects of the United States' net external debt. Definition and trends of net external debt; Distortions in the size of net external debt; Link between debt and investment.
- Growth touted to debtor nations. // Christian Century;11/20/85, Vol. 102 Issue 35, p1053
Editorial. There is less than meets the eye in the revised US strategy for easing the $900 billion international debt crisis as outlined recently by Treasury Secretary Baker to the International Monetary Fund. The only change, and that may be temporary, is that the emphasis has changed from...
- International debt. // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p36
Presents a chart showing external debts in the United States as of July 7, 1997. Includes Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc.; Goldman Sachs and Co.; Jp Morgan.
- International debt. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/06/97, Vol. 63 Issue 40, p27
Presents information on international debt with full credit to lead manager from January 1 to September 30, 1997, and which excludes issues by United States and foreign companies in their home markets. Investment advisers include Merrill Lynch; Goldman Sachs; Salomon Brothers; JP Morgan.