LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Austerity Shaky Despite Budget Approval. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the approval of the Lithuanian government's 2011 budget by Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius. It says that its focus was to reform state-run firms and tackle smuggling to increase revenues on public sector pay cuts, pension reform, and tax hikes to reduce its deficit on...
- LITHUNIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
The article provides an overview of Lithuania's political and economic risk and business environment including the poll result for Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, the slow economic recovery and the prevalence of risk to the real gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
- DEFEAT THAT WAS TREATED FOR VICTORY: REASONS BEHIND THE GOOD PERFORMANCE OF A. KUBILIUS' GOVERNMENT PARTIES IN SEIMAS ELECTIONS. Jastramskis, Mažvydas // Politologija;2014, Issue 73/1, p179
An abstract of the article "Defeat That Was Treated for Victory: Reasons Behind the Good Performance of A. Kubilius' Government Parties in Seimas Elections," by MaÅ¾vydas Jastramskis is presented.
- Principal Government Officials. // Lithuania Country Review;2012, p58
The article presents the key government officials of the Republic of Lithuania including President Dalia Grybauskaite, Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius and Cabinet officials.
- Lithuania: Sharpening the Liberal Knives. Ehl, Martin // Transitions Online;4/20/2009, p1
The article discusses that the government of Lithuania is planning to shrink the state bureaucracy by 30% by the year 2011, as a part of it's anti-crisis stimulus package. It is reported that from the beginning of the year 2009, Lithuanian state employees have seen their wages cut by 12 to 15...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
The article presents political, economic and business risks for Lithuania. On December 9, 2008, the country's new governing coalition was approved which will be led by Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius' Homeland Union-Lithuanian Christian Democrat party. Economic growth for the third quarter of...
- Risks Of Cabinet Reshuffle Pronounced. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
The article presents updates on the political scene in Lithuania. The resignation of Minister of Foreign Affairs Vygaudas Usackas has shown growing tensions between the executive and legislative branches. It is expected that the ability of Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius' coalition government to...
- Beleaguered Government To Hang On To Power. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
The article presents a political forecast in Lithuania specifically on the restoration of the political standing of Andrius Kubilius, the prime minister of Lithuania. Kubilius has been anticipated to survive the parliamentary vote in October 2012. The government is expected of the difficulty in...
- Andrius Kubilius. Baskey-East, Sabrina // Andrius Kubilius;2010, p1
A biography of Lithuanian prime minister Andrius Kubilius is presented. Kubilius was born in Vilnius, Lithuania on December 8, 1956 and studied physics at Vilnius State University, where he went on to serve as a physics professor. He joined the Sajudis reform movement supporting Lithuanian...