Near-Term Upside Potential For Financials
- Falling Currencies Cause Mortgage Misery. Ehl, Martin // Transitions Online;8/8/2011, p4
The article discusses the impact of the rising exchange rate of the Swiss franc in Poland in 2011. It is stated that around 700,000 Polish families have mortgages in francs, and because of the increasing exchange rate, they have been paying back to banks much more than the market value of their...
- Results show lenders' focus on asset quality. // Mortgage Strategy;8/13/2007, p31
The article analyzes the financial results of major banks in Great Britain for the first six months of 2007. In all the results, the common theme points to the focus on the quality of mortgage assets. Banks also mention about the low levels of arrears and average loan-to-value ratios. Their...
- Rate cap scheme participants account for 38%. // Hungary A.M.;5/13/2014, p6
The article reveals that participants in foreign currency-denominated mortgage loans in Hungary have joined an exchange rate cap scheme, according to the National Bank of Hungary.
- FX loan conversion to take place at market rates. // Hungary A.M.;11/11/2014, p5
The articles reports that mortgages denominated in a foreign currency will be converted to forint-based loans at the average exchange rate as per ruling by Hungarian Supreme Court.
- Is US Bank Lending Sensitive to Exchange Rates? A Panel Data Investigation. Jonas, Michael R. // Modern Economy;Jul2014, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p848
The goal of this paper is to examine the sensitivity of US bank lending to movements in the exchange rate. Using a panel of quarterly bank-level balance sheet observations, I show that there exists significant and meaningful exchange rate sensitivity of cross-border lending activity and total...
- Data and methodology. // BOFIT Discussion Papers;2/10/2012, Issue 3, p9
The article focuses on data and methodology used to examine banking industry in Russia. It says that the authors conduct a top-down macro stress test analysis to assess the risks in banking sector and the analysis is based on banks balance sheet as of end-2009. It mentions that the methodology...
- Introduction. // BOFIT Discussion Papers;10/31/2012, Issue 26, p2
The article discusses the spread of global financial crisis of 2008-2009 from the U.S. to other emerging economies. It informs that the reasons which caused stress on the American banking sector include cheap mortgage loans, increasing household leverage and asset misevaluation. It discusses...
- Home game. Savio, Anita // Business Mexico;Mar2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p38
Reports on Mexican banks' reentry into the home mortgage business. Grupo Sare Real Estate's projects; Effects of the Central Bank's restrictive monetary policy; Need for an adjustment in the United States dollar-Mexican peso exchange rate; Benefits of free trade agreements.
- THE EFFECT OF DERIVATIVE FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS ON BANK RISKS, RELEVANCE AND FAITHFUL REPRESENTATION: EVIDENCE FROM BANKS IN HUNGARY. Tóth, Kornél // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2014, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p698
In a continuously changing business environment accounting data have to provide useful information in order to achieve relevant and faithful representation in financial statements. Since global markets have changed radically, growing international trade means the horizons of investors and...