HUF/EUR: Room For Further Appreciation
- Hungary: Forint Technicals Support Further Rally. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/6/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the improved performance of the Hungarian forint (HUF) on July 2, 2009. The forint has surpassed the short-term target of HUF275 against the euro to trade at HUF269.26 against the euro. It is expected the currency will appreciate further towards HUF253 against the euro....
- 2. Benefits and risks of introducing the euro in hungary. // Report on Convergence: Analysis on Convergence Process (Magyar N;Oct2011, p24
The article examines the benefits and risks of introducing the euro in Hungary. It is said to be likely that introduction of the euro may provide macroeconomic benefits for the Hungarian economy. According to the optimal currency area (OCA) theory, the benefits of the euro are mainly attributed...
- Bibliography. // OECD Economic Surveys: Hungary;Nov2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 18, p210
Presents a bibliography of books, periodicals and reports which deals with the economy of Hungary. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Countries," by R.J. Barro; "Hungary: Selected Items and Statistical Appendix," by C. Beaumont; "Drug Groups Attack Budapest," by E. Kestor.
- Hungary economic acceleration indicator rises. // Hungary A.M.;8/1/2014, p4
The article reports on the Acceleration Indicator (GYIA), a measure of economic and financial indicators compiled by Hungarian business daily magazine VilÃ¡ggazdaÃ¡g, which showed a 2.76 percent year-on-year growth in July 2014.
- Currency Forecasts. // Hungary Tourism Report;Q2 2010, p45
The article presents economic forecasts for Hungary. The country's currency, forint (HUF), traded at 297.72 per euro on April 8, 2009. Big Mac Index predicted that despite its early 2009 progress, Hungary would suffer the worst downturn among the Central and Eastern European countries in 2009...
- BMI VIEW. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;5/5/2003, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p1
The article presents news briefs related to economic conditions of various European countries as of May 2003. Value of the U.S. dollar with which euro can compete, due to an increase in the U.S. budget deficit; Forecast on value of koruna currency in late 2003; Details on the Czech stock index;...
- HUF/EUR: Depreciation To Resume In Medium Term. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/29/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p16
The article presents an outlook for the Hungarian forint as of June 2009. The authors forecast that the national currency is set to continue its range trading between 275.00 per euro and 290.00 per euro through the short term. The currency is anticipated to slip towards the weaker edge of its...
- 4 Notes to the financial statements: 4.17 REVALUATION RESERVES. Simor, András // Annual Report (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);2011, p83
The article reports that the official Hungarian forint exchange rate versus the euro fluctuated in a range between 262.7 and 316.24 in 2011. According to the author, the exchange rate strengthened in the first and second quarters of 2011 and significantly weakened in the third quarter of 2011....
- Hungary: Increased Prospects For Deconvergence. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/27/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p19
Reports on the status of the economy of Hungary as of February 2006. Revision imposed by Moody's on its credit ratings; Potential downgrades of the rating; Performance of the Hungarian forint against euro.