Economic Recovery Gathering Steam
- Growth Slows In Q108. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p12
The article provides an outlook for the Lithuanian economy through 2009. According to analysts, the economy of Lithuania has started to slow in response to tighter financial conditions, rising consumer prices and declining confidence. The country's real gross domestic product (GDP) reportedly...
- Strong Growth Masks Vulnerabilities. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania. The re-acceleration in GDP growth will increase the risk of a more disruptive scenario playing out in the future. Real GDP expanded by a provisional 10.8% y-o-y in third quarter 2007. According to the Ministry of Finance, the third quarter...
- Macroeconomic Activity Data Tables. // Lithuania Country Review;2001/2002, p38
Presents charts depicting macroeconomic activity in Lithuania from 1996 to 2000. Real gross domestic product (GDP); Total population; Real GDP per capita; Prices and exchanges rates; Trade balance.
- SLOW GLOBAL GROWTH TO SEE ONLY MODERATE REBOUND IN 2014. // Growth Strategies;Jan2014, Issue 1081, p1
The article presents news related to the global economic recovery in 2014 including deop in gross domestic product (GDP) growth in emerging and developing economies by 0.1%, the U.S. will see a growth of 2.3% in 2014 and global (GDP) will rebound by 3.1% in 2014,
- GDP To Contract By 1.2%. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p11
The article forecasts the economic condition in Lithuania for 2010. The private household consumption will undoubtedly remain weak through 2010 and into 2011, given the degree of leverage built into the economy. The prospects for a consumer-led recovery are not yet in the offing since households...
- Results Selection. // Lithuania Country Monitor;Oct2010, p1
The article focuses on the economic condition in Lithuania. It says that the country experiences slow economic recovery in the third quarter of 2010 with a recorded 1.0% growth. It mentions that some sectors particularly the export-orientated companies have strengthened investment spending,...
- COUNTRY REPORT: LITHUANIA. // Lithuania Country Monitor;Nov2010, p1
No abstract available.
- Budgetary Position Sound. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
The article analyzes the economic conditions in Lithuania. It notes that the general government budget deficit is comparatively low, at less than 1% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2006, so too is the debt GDP ratio at about 18%. About one-fifth of the revenue gain is projected to accrue from...
- Gradual Slowdown In 2008. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p12
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania for the year 2008. According to the article, Lithuania's economy would continue to expand well into 2008 and slow down towards the end of the year as financial conditions tighten, labor market resource constraints harden, and the fiscal...