Standardization and contextualization: A study of language and leadership across 17 countries
- The Relationship Between Communication Behavior and Intercultural Business Success. Zhao, Jensen J.; Parks, Calvin // Business Communication Quarterly;Mar1995, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p25
This article focuses on the importance of communication behavior in managing an intercultural workforce and in handling international business. It states that task-oriented management treats employees with a lack of respect and empathy and can result in employees feeling bullied and disliking...
- Preface. Müller-Wood, Anja // Language & Dialogue;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the role of linguistics on verbal art investigation, the effects of literary dialogues analysis on text interpretation, and the holistic understanding of communication and human language.
- LEHÃ‡E OLUÅžMA ÅžARTLARI VE EVRELERÄ° BAKIMINDAN ESKÄ° TÃœRKÄ°YE TÃœRKÃ‡ESÄ°. Akar, Ali // Journal of TÃ¼rklÃ¼k Bilimi Arastirmalari;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p15
Various historical, geographical, linguistic and demographic variables must come together in spoken language for itself being upgraded to be converged in to a literary language. Through the development of the literary language based on the Old Turkish, these processes had taken place. The en...
- Mother Tongue. Maceri, Domenico // Teacher Magazine;Feb2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p45
Focuses on the difficulties in learning the correct language. How to drop a regional accent that is not socially and professionally acceptable; Importance of learning the standard language; Comparison between the standard and native languages.
- CHRONOGRAPHS IN ROMANIAN LITERATURE. Cîrstea, Mihaela Daniela // Euromentor;Sep2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p80
This article is about the chronographs, works that describe the history of different nations, but also of the nations they are in contact with. There are two types of genders in Byzantine culture, one is (the) history itself, which describes the events contemporary to the writer. The other type...
- La estandarizaciÃ³n del euskera. FERNÁNDEZ IGLESIAS, ARANTZAZU // Revista de Lengua y Literatura Catalana, Gallega y Vasca;2012, Issue 17, p151
The standardization of Basque language is a recent phenomenon. The text aims to explain why euskera batua is the result of a late, controversial but also fast and successful process.
- Leading at a HIGHER LEVEL in a WORLDWIDE MARKET. BLANCHARD, KEN // MWorld;Fall2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p26
The article reflects on challenges being faced by leaders of multinational corporations and focuses on two leadership practices which can help global leaders to work effectively and become a good leader. It mentions that in multinational corporation's leader had to deal with different cultures,...
- ComunicaciÃ³n, lenguaje y comunicaciÃ³n organizacional. SILVESTRIN, CELSI BRÖNSTRUP; GODOI, ELENA; RIBEIRO, ANELY // Signo y Pensamiento;7/1/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p26
This article poses a reflection about concepts, objects and possible paradigms that have been studied by communication researchers. It aims at examining whether or not there is a relation between the theoretical aspects of communication and organizational communication. Having this purpose in...
- Language Diversity in International Management Teams. Henderson, Jane Kassis // International Studies of Management & Organization;Spring2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p66
This paper analyzes language diversity from a sociolinguistic perspective demonstrating how it operates in interactions between members of international management teams in multinational corporations (MNCs). A major challenge for teams composed of speakers of different languages is the building...