Does institutional reform of intellectual property rights lead to more inbound FDI? Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean
- Mexico to Reform Telecommunications Sector. Magallanes, Raul // VIA Satellite;May2013, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p15
The article reports that the newly elected Mexican government in 2013 has proposed reforms in the telecommunications (telecom), education, energy, and labor sectors in Mexico. The proposed telecom reform includes the creation of the Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFETEL) as an autonomous...
- Spanish Authors Continue IP Law Fight. Llewellyn, Howell // Billboard;7/26/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 30, p70
Reports the decision of the Spanish government to delay the reform of its intellectual property law. Statement of the SGAE regarding the reform; Background on the reform; Main aspects of the reform.
- ACID pushes for Hargreaves recommendations to be implemented. // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2011, Issue 5739, p12
The article reports on the statement from Anti Copying In Design (ACID) that the Hargreaves Review on Intellectual Property will be implemented.
- Why It's So Critical That We Level the Top-Down Organization. Ehin, Charles // Journal for Quality & Participation;May/Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p61
Discusses several guidelines for an organization in order to generate and leverage high sustained levels of intellectual capital. Ineffectiveness of traditional hierarchy in a society; Discussion on tacit and explicit knowledge; Comment on the foundations of hierarchy.
- RAPID SIP Restructure. Ascierto, Jerry // Electronic News;12/20/99, Vol. 45 Issue 51, p30
Reports the restructuring made by the Reusable Application-Specific Intellectual Property Developers (RAPID) in an effort to simplify and unify the world of semiconductor intellectual property. Purpose of the group for creating the Promotion/Communications Group; Responsibilities of the group;...
- Video trade org raps anti-piracy funding in U.K. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/24/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 33, p36
Reports that English trade body British Video Association has expressed disapproval of the government's commitment to fighting intellectual property crime. Arguments given by the association against funding for Trading Standards offices.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation. Grinnell, Max // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul2006, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p444
The article profiles the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an organization dedicated to the preservation of the rights and freedoms in the field of digital frontier including blogs and online intellectual property.
- Rewriting the Web's Rules. Doctorow, Cory // Popular Science;Jun2005, Vol. 266 Issue 6, p50
Reports on the Access to Knowledge, a reform in global laws for copyright on the Internet being drafted by the World Intellectual Property Organization. Failure of the United Nations (UN) to stop copyright infringement; Disadvantages of previous copyright laws introduced by the UN; Support for...
- Foreign direct investment and institutional reform: evidence and an application to Portugal. Júlio, Paulo; Pinheiro–Alves, Ricardo; Tavares, José // Portuguese Economic Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p215
We examine the role of geographic, economic, and institutional factors in attracting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Europe, using a cross-section of inward bilateral investments. We estimate and assess the expected benefits, the required reform efforts, and the efficiency of reform options...