Global logistics village
- Follow the Leader. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;01/21/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on the opportunities for globalization of third-party logistics (3PLs) firms in the United States. Preferences of large shippers; Difficulties of 3PLs in international expansion of business; Identification of The Big Three in global logistics. INSET: High-speed quotes..
- All the right moves. Morton, Ian // Automotive Engineer;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p66
Examines the status of the logistics market. Impact of globalization on logistics; Consolidation undergone in the contract logistics industry; Dominance of Germany in the automotive logistics market.
- Breaking Global Barriers. Cassidy, William B. // Traffic World;5/26/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 21, p21
Focuses on the globalization trend in the U.S. logistics and transportation industries. Advantages of a growing export market; Requirements on how to become a global shipper; Challenges faced by shippers when collecting service fees. INSET: Ensuring enzymes arrive on time.
- Unishippers has banner year; is ranked one of top franchise firms. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/12/98, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p11
Reports on the record shipments and sales for Utah-based shipping firm Unishippers in 1997.
- Port Partnering. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;5/3/99, Vol. 258 Issue 5, p19
Focuses on the need for a partnership between ports for an effective distribution system. Effects of globalization on ports logistic distribution; Need for ports to offer flexible solutions to globalization; Role of ports in the logistics chain.
- Zenith opens Louisville home delivery hub. // Furniture/Today;6/18/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p37
The article presents information on Zenith Global Logistics LLC that has opened its new servicing hub in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Zenith opens freight hub in Atlanta. // Furniture/Today;6/28/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p62
The article reports on the launching of a regional freight hub by Zenith Global Logistics in Conover, North Carolina.
- Kansas City seeks multi-modal role. // Logistics Today;May2004, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the efforts of Kansas City, Kansas to become a multi-modal center. Effects of globalization on SmartPort and Kansas City area.
- Foreign Exchange. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;4/2/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 14, p25
Focuses on the importance of globalization to the logistics industry. Problems associated with globalization; Programs on globalization by Princeton, New Jersey-based ITAP.