- The Story Behind the Medicines You Take. Trewhitt, Jeff // Monkeyshines on Health & Science;Jun98 Pharmacology, p14
It is simple for patients to take a pharmaceutical to help defeat nasty diseases. But it is quite difficult to develop a drug for treating a disease. Because chemicals can be harmful, it is important to determine that a drug is safe to develop and use without actually hurting patients with bad...
- Help FDA regulate OTC drugs. Ferreri, Stefanie // Pharmacy Today;Mar2013 OTC Supplement, p1
The author reflects on the regulation of over the counter (OTC) drugs by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The author highlights the significant role played by pharmacists in informing and advising the agency on the nonprescription products that are marketed in the U.S. Moreover, the...
- Mobilising pharmacists' expertise. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/4/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6440, p333
Focuses on factors to consider in mobilizing the expertise of pharmacists. Characteristics of a pharmacist; Importance of expertise in the field of pharmaceuticals; Considerations in hiring pharmacists.
- FDA Approvals In December. // BioWorld Insight;1/24/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
A chart is presented that lists the drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 2010, Cubicin from Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Fortesta from Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Lovastatin found in Cholestin, but not in rice. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the cholesterol testing conducted by the United States Food and Drug Administration, on the over-the-counter product Cholestin, which is produced by Pharmanex Incorporated, and sold as a low cholesterol agent. Amount of lavastatin found in the Cholestin capsules; How the testing was...
- Significant FDA approvals in 1995. Rheinstein, Peter H. // American Family Physician;4/1/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p1871
Focuses on a number of drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration in the United States. Improvement in median drug approval times; Classifications of drugs approved; Reference to the 1992 Prescription Drug User Fee Act; Information on various rugs; Approval of Hepatitis A vaccine;...
- Recombinant human GH safety review ongoing. // Endocrine Today;Jan2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p32
This article reports on the move of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) to conduct a review to examine the safety of somatropin containing medications.
- Bleeding Risk Evaluated. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 12, pA16
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has conducted and evaluation of the risks of serious bleeding related to dabigatran and warfarin.
- Dear editor,. Schafranski, Marcelo Derbli; Grossa, Ponta // Brazilian Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery;jul-sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p413
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the phase 0 clinical studies which follows the guidelines of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) established in 2006 to guide the Exploratory Investigational New Drug Studies and safety and tolerability of Phase I clinical studies.