- DirecTV: 4 million--and counting. // MediaWeek;09/21/98, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p3
Reports that the number of DirecTV subscribers has reached four million as of third week of September 1998.
- The TV Landscape. // Multichannel News;1/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p14
The article presents several graphs including one depicting constant numbers of satellite television subscribers trough out year from 2009 to 2018, decline in total cable subscribers from 2009 to 2018, and increment in total telcommunication video subscribers from 2009 to 2018.
- Ratings show Taiwan shines for STAR TV. Palmer, Rhonda // Hollywood Reporter;8/18/95, Vol. 338 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the increased share in viewership in 1995 for STAR TV in Taiwan, based on a people meter television survey compiled by Survey Research Taiwan. Cumulative reach of STAR channels for the first seven days of August; Average audience figures; Market share of satellite television.
- Committing Turnovers. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;5/7/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p12
The article focuses on NBA playoff coverage on broadcast and cable. Particular attention is given to statistics on viewership. It is reported that viewership is down from the previous season according to data from Nielsen Media Research. It is also reported that the male 25-54 demographic saw...
- Satellite Television and Local Media Use Among Viewers in Satellite TV Households in the Southeast Geopolitical Zone of Nigeria. Nwabueze, Chinenye; Nweke, Nnamdi; Okowa-Nwaebi, Loveth; Ebeze, Emelda // Higher Education of Social Science;Nov2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p1
The basic objective of this work was to examine the influence of satellite television broadcasting on local media use among viewers in satellite television households in the southeast geopolitical zone of Nigeria. It adopted the survey research method in studying a sample size of 384...
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;7/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 137, p2
The article reports on the rise of the overall household (HH) penetration of digital cable television to 26% in the U.S., according to the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing research, surpassing satellite's 24% HH penetration. Digital cable among cable HH has also grown to 46%....
- At DirecTV, growth is in the picture. // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/13/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 41, p8
The article offers information on the economic development of DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. in October 2008. Millions of viewers, that image was transmitted by the company's less visible but far more powerful assets, around $2 billion worth of orbiting satellites. The satellites, along with new...
- Cable, satellite media lure influential viewers. Madden, Normandy // Advertising Age International;Oct99, p36
Highlights the 1999 Pan Asian Cross Media Survey, which found that the region's less-developed cable and satellite media continue to attract more people and business decisionmakers and well-off adults. Significance of the results for advertisers; Areas surveyed; Access to regional channels;...
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;1/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including decline in viewership of cable's majority channels, dealmaking, while programmers in cable and satellite television stocks, and death of cable television pioneer Jose Alonzo Rosado.