Hastings: Netflix Doesn't Want War
- Netflix Spreads Through Europe ... Then Where Next? szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;10/3/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 34, p10
The article focuses on the international expansion of the internet television network Netflix Inc. Topics discussed include the launch of Netflix in six European countries including France and Germany in September 2014, the plans of Chief Executive Officer Reed Hastings to expand the business in...
- THE SPECULATOR. SUMMERS, NICK // Newsweek;5/21/2012, Vol. 159 Issue 21, p32
The article discusses the streaming video platform Netflix and its expansion into original television series production. Topics include the careers of chief content officer Ted Sarandos and chief executive officer Redd Hastings, the series premiers planned for 2013, and the company's failed plan...
- Sandvine CTO : Netflix Traffic 'Has Peaked'. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;5/28/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the expected decline Netflix's percentage of peak downstream traffic on cable networks beginning in 2013.
- Sandvine CTO : Netflix Traffic 'Has Peaked' GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;5/28/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the expected decline in Netflix's percentage of peak downstream traffic on cable networks beginning in 2013.
- NETFLIX, MTV INK STREAMING DEAL. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;4/13/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p12
The article reports on the deal signed by Netflix and MTV Networks to allow streaming of some MTV-owned shows. Netflix subscribers can now streamline the first nine episodes of "South Park." "Blues Clues," "Dora the Explorer" and "True Jackson" are some of the Nickelodeon shows available to...
- How Netflix and Politics Hijacked the Emmys. STEIN, ROBERT // Moderate Voice;7/21/2013, p5
The article reports that more than a dozen nominations, including a best drama nod have been gained by Netflix Inc. in the race for television's most prestigious prizes. It is noted that the McDonaldization of TV drama, an instant delivery of 13 slabs of fatty spiced-up stuff is represented by...
- Internet, TelevisiÃ³n y Convergencia: nuevas pantallas y plataformas de contenido audiovisual en la era digital. El caso del mercado audiovisual online en EspaÃ±a. del Pino, Cristina; Aguado, Elsa // Observatorio (OBS*);2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p57
The debate of the convergence of the television and the audiovisual contents in the network is served, in the middle of the situation that emerges as a consequence of the new habits and new platforms on the Internet. The current situation allows new business initiatives and models, wich are the...
- SVOD Is the New Green. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/30/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 36, p50
The author discusses the potential growth of the subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services as indicated by Netflix's first Emmy nominations. However, he contends that the growth of SVOD will be increasingly dependent on international programming markets such as the MIPCOM in Cannes, France on...
- THEY SAID IT! // Broadcasting & Cable;3/24/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p6
No abstract available.