- ITALO TV FINDS MORE PLAYERS, LESS MONEY. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;7/30/2012, Vol. 427 Issue 11, p6
The article explores the state of the Italian television industry following the resignation of prime minister Silvio Berlusconi in 2011. Topics include the increasing competition in the industry as Berulsconi's media company Mediaset TV becomes less powerful, how foreign television networks...
- New Fuse Looks to Strike Chord With Multicultural Miliennials. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p30
An interview is presented with Bill Hilary, president of the media company Fuse Media Inc. Topics discussed including the plans to merge the cable television networks Fuse and NUVOtv, its plan to launch the music-themed service FM, targeting people of age group 18 to 34 and the role of actress...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;7/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p18
The article offers news briefs for the cable television network in the U.S. such as the disagreement among senators to defund the network-neutrality rules of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Senate Judiciary Committee member Charles Grassley's statement on the unresponsiveness of FCC...
- Carriage Batt le Ignites Over Network Bundling. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p25
The article offers information on cable service provider Cable One Inc.'s decision to purchase three channels of Turner Broadcasting System Inc. under an agreement signed with the National Cable Television Corporative (NCTC). It informs about de-authorization of all of its nine channels by...
- Vice Looks to Tighten Its TV Grip. HOLLOWAY, DANIEL // Multichannel News;3/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the efforts being made by the company Vice Media to expand its reach in the cable television industry and to target millennial audience. Topics discussed the company's plans to acquire news network HLN, the views of Vice Media chief creative officer Eddy Moretti and chief...
- Tele Columbus to buy PrimaCom. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;8/3/2015, p1
German cable network operator Tele Columbus is to acquire PrimaCom for â‚¬711 million ($778 million), in a move which will combine the country's third and fourth largest cable companies.
- House may also authorize civil court action against Holder. Kasperowicz, Pete // Hill;6/28/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 83, p20
The article discusses the subpoena resolution H.Res. 706 that gives an authority to the U.S. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee to seek civil court judgments against U.S. Attorney General Eric Himpton Holder.
- New sheriff at justice. Crabtree, Susan // Insight on the News;04/28/97, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p6
Presents an interview with Eric Holder, U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia. Contribution to changing the wave of violence in the area; Examples of the human cost of drug abuse witnessed first hand; Memorable experiences in visiting the communities; Self devices in battling drug use.
- Attorney general to attend key Caribbean meetings. WILKINSON, BERT // New York Amsterdam News;11/17/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 46, p18
The article reports that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will join the two-day meeting of the ministers responsible for security in the Americas to be held in Trinidad and Tobago.