Discovery Honored for Double Dose of HR Excellence
- NCTA's Unflappable Eye of the Hurricane. Kaufman, Debra // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p30
The article features Barbara York, senior vice president (VP) for industry affairs of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA). Advance/Newhouse Communications executive VP Nomi Bergman pointed out that York's deep knowledge of the industry, her wide-ranging relationships and...
- ]COMPETITION AWARD: Eagle Communications. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p22
The article features Eagle Communications, a cable and telecommunication company which has received a competition award from the periodical "CableFAX: The Magazine."
- Cable Television in Britain. Hall, Tom // BKSTS Journal;Aug1982, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p398
The article focuses on the increasing interest in cable television industry in Great Britain. Speculations about government proposals for introduction of multi-channel cable television in the country has stirred the interest. There is a possibility of nationwide fiber optic trunk network and...
- Telephony's Standards Seek a New Home. Junkus, Justin J. // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
The article comments on the efforts of the TM Forum to address the standards for providing solutions for cable applications with the establishment of the Cable Interest Group (CIG). Cox, CableLabs, Liberty Global and Time Warner are participating in the CIG. The author feels that both the TM...
- Web extras. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. The cable industry is being challenged of delivering video over Internet Protocol (IP) networking. Hitachi will sponsor a webinar that will demonstrate the deployment of fiber access technologies that in demand and...
- The Consequences of Content Pricing. ZAGER, MASHA // Rural Telecom;May/Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses how smaller telecommunication and cable companies are preparing customers for increased rates given the increased power of broadcast stations in dictating retransmission consent fees with no negotiating actually going on. Topic discussed include efforts of most telcos to...
- CableCARDs:. // CableFAX Daily;6/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p1
Reports on the deployment of approximately 170,000 CableCARDS by the top media service organizations in the U.S. with the top six operators accounting for 150,000 deployments.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p15
A calendar of events related to digital television broadcasting in the U.S. is presented which includes several conferences on cable and telecommunications, media financial management and foundation of American women in radio and television.
- Getting Fit to Be Tied. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p38
The author reflects on the need of cable industry to get into wireless communication. He refers to the increasing demand on the used of Internet wherein there is the need for the industry to develop a superior wireless network that can handle advanced forms of Internet communications. He also...