Horror Comedies on Tap For FearNet This Summer
- Weird Science. Manalla, Christine L. // New Orleans Magazine;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p60
Presents an interview with the fictitious mad scientist Momus Alexander Morgus also known as Morgus the Magnificent in New Orleans, Louisiana, in celebration of his 40th anniversary on television since starting in 1959.
- FANS FEED ON SCARES. // Daily Variety;7/10/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 6, p2
The article offers information about the horror cabler FEARnet from Comcast Corp.
- A journey to the dark side. Stanley, T.L. // MediaWeek;9/16/96, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p44
Focuses on suspense-filled television shows in the United States in fall 1996. `Millennium' as the most frightening of the new shows; Changes to subsequent episodes of `Profiler'; Plot of `The Burning Zone'; Capitalization on current fears in `The Pretender.'
- Scaring kids for a living. Stanley, T.L. // MediaWeek;11/4/96, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p9
Focuses on the emergence of several horror television shows aimed at family audiences. Revival of the genre due to the success of Fox Kids Network's television show `Goosebumps'; Lynch Entertainment's two-hour movie based on `The Shadow Zone' book series; ABC's `Bone Chillers'; DIC...
- Boo! Comcast Launches FearNet. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 43, p42
The article reports on Comcast's plan to introduce FearNet, an on-demand channel devoted to the horror genre, on Halloween, 2006. The channel will debut free of charge to Comcast's digital cable companies, and will also provide streaming video on-line and an interactive website. It is reported...
- Dinner's Done. // CREATIVITY;Dec2007, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p2
The article offers information about some television commercials made by the advertising agency Workplace Safety Insurance Board. It is mentioned that the latest in the preventable accident series commercial the agency adopted a very technical approach. It is stated that the commercial has a...
- MASTERS OF HORROR: COLLECTORS EDITION ONE. Kempshall, Pete // NW;11/6/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p83
The article reviews "Masters of Horror: Collectors Edition One," a box set of episodes from the television program "Masters of Horror," released on DVD format.
- Cheers for Fears. Snierson, Dan // Entertainment Weekly;11/4/2005, Issue 848, p36
Provides information on several horror television programs and movies in the U.S. which opened in November 2005, including "Ghost Whisperer."
- Year in Fear. // Entertainment Weekly;11/4/2005, Issue 848, p44
Presents a schedule for the release of several horror television programs and movies in the U.S. from October 2005 to October 2006.