BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM: NETWORK EARNINGS
- Revs rise at Time Warner. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;11/4/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 24, p3
The article announces that Time Warner Inc., has boosted 2 percent in revenues to 6.4 billion U.S. dollars with advertising revenues of 9 percent, despite of a 21 percent to 522 million dollar decrease in net profits.
- Cablers help Scripps see profits surge. // Daily Variety;5/4/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 24, p2
The article informs that Scripps Networks Interactive has announced that strong advertising and affiliate revenue has increased its profit in the last quarter to 115 million dollar from 101 million dollar despite hefty programming costs.
- Food, home, travel webs help boost Scripps. // Daily Variety;8/3/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that Scripps Networks Interactive Inc., which is the parent of Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel, has generated a profit increase of 6.7% to 142 million dollars on a jump in affiliate and advertising fees.
- Scripps Networks. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/ 8/2013, pA02
The article reports on the financial performance of American media company Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. which recorded a 12% increase in its earnings per share (EPS) for the third quarter of 2013 with 9% revenue growth by $410 million but has 5.1% shares decline for the same period.
- Scripps Networks' Travel plans pay off. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;8/10/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the 516 million dollars revenue gains of Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. in the 2010 second quarter after its acquisition of the 65% of stake in Travel Channel LLC.
- STREET BURNS SCRIPPS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/8/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 24, p8
The article reports on the profit increase in Food Network and Travel Channel parent, Scripps Networks Interactive, in the last quarter of 2012, wherein revenue rose by 5.2 percent for the three months ending December 2012 to $214 million (m) and sales increased by 5.9 percent.
- Media Cos. Emphasize Caution. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on the implications of the fourth-quarter earnings of the Walt Disney Co., Time Warner Inc., and Scripps Network Interactive in 2008. It notes that the declining results of the earnings of each bigtime cable programmers will mean an uncertainty for the advertising markets for...
- Cable, pics boost TW. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;7/30/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 43, p2
The article reports that Time Warner Inc. (TW) posted a better-than-expected profit for second-quarter 2009. TW's television unit posted a 17% profit gain on a 4.8% revenue improvement as subscription and affiliate-fee gains offset a 3% advertising decline less pronounced than many analysts had...
- High Hopes for Free AOL. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p28
The article reports on the plan of Time Warner Inc. to revamp its AOL online service. The revamp includes offering free service to broadband subscribers in order to attract greater advertising revenue. The management of Time Warner believes that their earnings will increase as a result of the move.