Weather Channel Hits Phones for Interactive TV
- On-screen guides help sort TV listings. Pargh, Andy // Design News;1/8/96, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p150
Reports on the features of interactive on-screen guides to television (TV) programs. Comparisons between StarSight and VideoGuide on-screen TV grid guides; VideoGuide's Smart Sorting feature which allows a viewer to sort channels; Contact information.
- New Service Taking iTV To Next Level. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p96
Reports the enhancement of the interactive television in the United States. Public trial of the Click Version service; Linkages on a streaming video image; Inclusion of the subject material of a television program.
- Interactive TV viewed as prime-time sales vehicle--but when? Lockwood, Lisa; Turk, Rose Marie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/23/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 120, p1
Discusses the possible benefits of interactive television as a sales vehicle for products seen in television programs in the United States. Services provided by Steeplechase Media, an interactive television content developer; Estimated number of homes with interactive television capability;...
- Growing up with Big Brother. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;Summer2004 Supp NMA iTV, p3
This article introduces a series of articles on interactive television in Great Britain.
- COURT TV GETS INTERACTIVE. Mitchell-Marrell, Gabrielle // Daily Variety;8/5/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the inclusion of the interactive television program 'I, Detective' in the fall lineup of Court TV.
- Interactive with Banzai! Ward, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the interactive production of 'Banzai' television program. Design of a plan to synchronize the involvement of equipment; Requirements of transmission platforms; Usage of database to store references to the interactive television content.
- Moving breakfast TV into a digital environment. Wright, Geoff // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep2001, Issue 315, p58
Focuses on the evolution of the GMTV as the national interactive breakfast television program in Great Britain. Opportunity for the production chain to go digital; Reason for the selection of the Clipbox Power from Quantel as the editing server; Organization of an independent analysis to the...
- ITV merger drama makes good model for docusoap. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;7/27/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p17
Focuses on the documentary soap program, Millionaire Big Brother of Channel 4, an interactive television network in Great Britain. Efforts to search for a late-night program; Behind-the-scenes of the documentary soap program; Adoption of the program concept of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?;...
- Kennard puts faith in interactivity. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;02/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p3
Predicts that interactive personal television will spur changes in television, according to United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Bill Kennard. Consumers' demand for capacity to time-shift programming; Value of the nation's free television system; Effects on existing media...