NCTA Chief Powell Gets Warm WICT Reception, Genachowski Praise
- Moving on to a New Round of Challenges. // Television Week;3/30/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p14
An interview with National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) president-chief executive officer (CEO) Kyle McSlarrow is presented. When asked about decline in cable subscription, he says it is a pretty steady trend and that the entry of satellite into the business was a completely...
- Genachowski Back to Drawing Board. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;11/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the effort of Julius Genachowski, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reunite the network neutrality stakeholders in the U.S. Genachowski wants a discussion of compromising a regulation in line with bipartisan legislative solution which is link...
- A renewed FCC. SCHERER, CHRISS // Radio Magazine;Aug2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p8
In this article the author discusses the appointment of Julius Genachowski as the chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in June 2009. The article also enumerates the previous chairmen as well as their legacies in the FCC such as Kevin Martin (2005-2009), Michael Powell...
- NEW YEAR, RENEWED NEEDS FOR RURAL TELCOS. Henry, Anna // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p26
No abstract available.
- Ex-FCC Chief to guide NCTA. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;3/16/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 52, p4
The article announces that the National Cable and Telecommunications Association has named Michael Powell as its head.
- NCTA Likes Mike. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;3/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the appointment of former U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Michael Powell as the president of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) starting April 25, 2011 and his accomplishments during his term at FCC concerning cable-modem service.
- FCC News. // QST;May2009, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p74
The article announces that Julius Genachowski was appointed as Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman.
- FCC Head: Elephant Has Left the Building. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p3
The article discusses remarks of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski related to regulatory changes in Title II information service rules.
- Ex-FCC boss: I won't be lobbying for Carlyle. Primack, Dan // Fortune.com;1/7/2014, p1
The article announces that former U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Julius Genachowski has been hired as a managing director for the private equity firm The Carlyle Group.