Pay TV Gains Subs for 2nd Straight Quarter
- Why broadcasters face an uphill struggle to reinvent themselves. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;10/15/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p19
Focuses on the launching of FilmFour, C4's pay-television (TV) channel in Britain, on November 1, 1998. Program schedule of the first FilmFour broadcast; Implications of the launching of FilmFour; Challenge faced by C4.
- Terminal velocity. Blum, Stephen // Satellite Broadband;Dec2000, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p29
Comments on the growth of digital broadcasting satellite (DBS) industry of the United States. Forecast on the number of DBS subscribers in 2000; Prediction on the industry's growth rate in terms of subscription; Information on the devices that will give consumers more control over time.
- NUMBER CRUNCHING. // Televisual;Jul2007, p14
The article offers news briefs related to the television (TV) industry in Great Britain. Five was fined Â£300,000 by Ofcom for faking winners on its daytime TV program "Brainteaser," made by Endemol-owned Cheetah Television. According to a commissioned survey, 47% of European pay TV...
- Digital Terrestrial TV Europe's digital driver. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jan/Feb2005, p8
Provides information on the progress of digital terrestrial television (DTT) in Europe. Reason why models incorporating pay television services have generally struggled; Prediction on the significance of DTT in the digitalization of European television households; Countries expected to launch...
- Collaboration is key. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Mar2012, p66
The article offers information on latest developments taken place at Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia's (Casbaa) second TV Upfront, the Hong Kong Screenings in China. It mentions that Casbaa's TV Upfront screening in Hong Kong highlights the success of partnerships between...
- Industry Turnaround in Brazil. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Variety;01/10/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 8, p106
Discusses the reasons analysts and executives are optimistic about the performance of the broadcasting industry in Brazil. Expectations on broadcasters' revenue; Possible effects of the soccer championships and the Summer Olympics; Ad revenue of Brazilian broadcasters; Outlook for pay television.
- MCN Online Poll Results. // Multichannel News;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p55
Focuses on results of an online poll related to cable television and broadcasting industry as of June 16, 2003.
- Customer Flight. MCADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;10/1/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p6
The article discusses the business of pay TV how operators often select which channels consumers watch and the option for the buying public to pair broadband with antenna.
- New Television Services. // Image Technology;Mar1993, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p49
The article provides information on three new services offered by British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC), such as BBC Select, UK Gold and BBC World Service Television in Great Britain. It provides information on the services offered, the subscription service and its subscription pricing rates. The BBC...