Pharmacy technician education, training, and certification: Call for a single national standard and public accountability
- Message from the NAP T President. // NoDak Pharmacy;Jun2013, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p10
The article offers the author's report on the activities made by the Northland Association of Pharmacy Technicians (NAPT) in the U.S. from 2012-2013. She mentions the meetings of its Executive Board which focused on the Fall Conference, requirements for pharmacy technician certification as well...
- ACPE revises CE guidelines. // Drug Topics;3/5/2007, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education has revised definitions for qualifying continuing education programs for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the United States. The Universal Program Number assigned to each continuing education will include a "P" for...
- More Pharmacy Techs Aim to Win Certification. // Chain Drug Review;2/28/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p43
The article reports on the increase in the number of pharmacy technicians who are seeking certification under the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) in the U.S.
- Number of pharmacy techs surpasses the 100,000 mark. West, Diane // Drug Store News;1/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p4
Reports on pharmacy technicians exceeding 100,000 in population in the United States. Significance of exceeding the 100,000th mark; Date when the number exceeded; Initiative plans of the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
- Certification transfer process under way. // Drug Topics;10/9/95, Vol. 139 Issue 19, p29
Reports on the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's certification transfer process for pharmacy technicians. Contact information for obtaining copies of the `Guidelines for Continuing Education for Certified Pharmacy Technicians.'
- Some chains are pushing use of certified technicians. Fleming, Harris // Drug Topics;11/17/97, Vol. 141 Issue 22, p21
Focuses on the support of the technician certification by pharmaceutical companies. Reasons these companies are in support of the certification; Comments from Walgreens Company spokesman, Michael Polzin; Amount of technicians who have taken the examination; When the 1998 Pharmacy Technician...
- New board brings national tech certification one step closer. // Drug Store News;2/20/95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p13
Reports on efforts by the American Pharmaceutical Association (APhA) and other pharmacy groups to establish a nationwide certification program for pharmacy technicians. Opposition from chain drug store industry officials; Creation of a new organization called Pharmacy Technician Certification...
- Employers and state rules are driving tech certification. Chi, Judy // Drug Topics;7/7/97, Vol. 141 Issue 13, p52
Provides information on a rule by employers, and various states implying that pharmacy technicians must be certified. Comments from Melissa Murer, executive director of the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB); Listing of PTCB initiatives; Contact information included.
- Record numbers register for pharmacy tech exam. // Drug Store News;8/24/98, Vol. 20 Issue 13, pCP6
Cites the record number of applicants who underwent testing in July 1998 to become certified as United States pharmacy technicians by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Evidence of the ongoing shifts in pharmacy practice; Impact of major employers' support for the PTCB...
- Board issues rules for technicians. // Drug Store News;12/8/97, Vol. 19 Issue 20, pCP12
Reports that pharmacy technicians in Alabama are required to re-register with the state board of pharmacy every January 1. Implication of the rules.