Description of the person-environment interaction: methodological issues and empirical results of an Italian large-scale disability assessment study using an ICF-based protocol
- OFCCP Announces Final Rule to Improve Job Opportunities FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES. Vogel, Nadine // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p82
The article offers information on the final rule that will help improve job opportunities of people with disabilities which include data collection and utilization of goal.
- Fostering inclusion in sport for youth with functional limitations: Presenting four new guides. Drolet, Marie-Josée; Bédard, Andréanne // Occupational Therapy Now;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
The article discusses guidelines for young people with functional limitations. It also talks about the â€œChoose to Win: The challenge of healthy lifestyles for youth with functional limitations" project for promoting healthy eating habits. Topics include sedentary lifestyle observed in...
- ELEVATING THE QUALITY OF DISABILITY AND REHABILITATION RESEARCH: MANDATORY USE OF THE REPORTING GUIDELINES. Chan, Leighton; Heinemann, Allen W.; Roberts, Jason // International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy;Aug2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p416
The author opines on the mandatory use of the reporting guidelines for quality of disability and rehabilitation research. The author mentions that reporting guidelines are documents that assist authors in reporting research methods and findings, which provides clear account of a study's methods...
- Psychosocial Aspects of Disability - Insider Perspective and Counselling Strategies. // Lamp;Jul2013, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p43
No abstract available.
- Acessibilidade de pessoas com deficiÃªncia ou restriÃ§Ã£o permanente de mobilidade ao SUS. dos Santos Amaral, Fabienne Louise Juvêncio; de Almeida Holanda, Cristina Marques; Bezerra Quirino, Maria Aparecida; da Silva Nascimento, João Paulo; da Fonseca Neves, Robson; Silva Ribeiro, Kátia Suely Queiroz; Alves, Simone Bezerra // Revista CiÃªncia & SaÃºde Coletiva;jul2012, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1833
The scope of this study was to monitor the access of persons with disabilities and permanent mobility restrictions to the Unified Health System in JoÃ£o Pessoa, State of Pernambuco. This is a descriptive field study, consisting of a random sample of 523 people with disabilities or permanent...
- Mobility Update. Wehrli, Laura S.; Fangman, Joe // Rehab Management: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Rehabilitatio;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on development of manual wheelchairs, citing its chronologic advancement. Topics discussed include supposed lack of availability of different types of manual wheelchairs for prior to 1980s, designing of ultralight wheelchair by athlete Marilyn Hamilton, a clinical practice...
- from 9 to 5. ADAAA Impact. // PN;May2012, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p19
The article focuses on "The Guide for Employers" and "The Guide for Wounded Veterans," the revised publications from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) which helps veterans understand the effect of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act for 2008 (ADAAA).
- research update. Wheelchair Seating. WAUGH, KELLY // PN;Jul2012, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p38
The article offers information on a two-year project of a task group experienced clinicians funded by the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA). It states that the project aims to advance fundamental research and clinical practice in wheelchair seating through the use standardized terminology and...
- Becoming a Human Rights Monitor. Bradd, Sam // Abilities;Summer2009, Issue 79, p44
The article offers updates on the Disability Rights Promotion International Canada (DRPI Canada). It is a community-university alliance funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), that works to promote a holistic and sustainable system to monitor disability...