Using the ICF in Ireland
- Ghana Persons with Disability Act. // African Business News;8/22/2015, p1
No abstract available.
- Human Rights: A professional responsibility and an institutional obligation. London, Leslie // South African Journal of Occupational Therapy;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the right of children with disabilities to access mobility devices and another on the oppression of people with disabilities.
- RAISE YOUR VOICE! Cohen, Raymond D. // Abilities;Summer2009, Issue 79, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor offers updates on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) hosted by the Government of Canada, an article on the human rights of individuals with disabilities by Steve Estey, and the...
- Accessible Transportation: Human Rights ... Versus ... Costs. Smith, Edward R.; Riggar, T.F. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Apr-Jun88, Vol. 54 Issue 2
Focuses on the accessibility of the transportation system for disabled people in United States. Disagreements over human rights versus costs; Evaluation of the accessibility of the system for disabled persons; Assessment on the development of public mass transit and special services.
- TSA Advisory Committee. // PN;Jan2011, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p29
The article offers information on the annual disability and multicultural coalition conference at the Transportation Security Administration which is participated by staff of the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) on November 5, 2010 in the U.S.
- No to UN Treaty. Schillinger, Larry // PN;Apr2014, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on the Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) in the February 2014 issue.
- Disability Rights. // PN;Nov2012, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p55
The article reviews the book "What We Have Done: An Oral History of the Disability Rights Movement," by Fred Pelka.
- "YOU MIGHT HAVE DRUGS AT YOUR COMMAND": RECONSIDERING THE FORCED DRUGGING OF INCOMPETENT PRE-TRIAL DETAINEES FROM THE PERSPECTIVES OF INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS AND INCOME INEQUALITY. Perlin, Michael L.; Schriver, Meredith R. // Albany Government Law Review;2015, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p381
The article discusses the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in different cases such as 'Sell v. United States,' 'United States v. Charters' and mentions the United Nations' Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
- Raising our Voices for an Inclusive Society: Challenges and Opportunities for the Disability Rights Movement in Uganda. Aniyamuzaala, James R. // Journal of Human Rights Practice;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p280
This practice note is the second in a continuing series of personal reflections on human rights practice today. This series, Practice in the First Person, aims to provide occasional snapshots of the life and work of contemporary practitioners provided by activists and advocates working around...