Use of The International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) as a conceptual framework and common language for disability statistics and health information systems
- DISABILITY AWARENESS. // HR Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p32
Infographics are presented showing disability awareness in U.S. and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Volunteer for disability festival. // Wilson County News;2/18/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p4A
The article offers information on the AccessAbility Fest 2015 to be held in Texas on November 8, 2015 which is aimed at celebrating the disability awareness month.
- Disability in the Majority World. // New Internationalist;Nov2005, Issue 384, p12
Enumerates facts regarding people with disabilities in the world. Estimated percentage of any given population who will become disabled according to the World Health Organization; Causes of impairment; Death rate for children with disabilities; Percentage of children with disabilities that do...
- Equal health, equal work? The role of disability benefits in employment after controlling for health status. Frutos, Eva; Castello, Judit // European Journal of Health Economics;Apr2015, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p329
In Spain, an individual can be considered legally disabled in one of the following two ways: by either receiving a disability support benefit and/or holding a certificate of disability. Having at least one of these official sanctions entitles the disabled person to a number of financial and tax...
- TALKING POINTS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/24/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4683, p18
The article reports on an accessibility awareness campaign for the disabled being launched by the periodical and presents opinions received from readers.
- Raising awareness of disabilities. Halber, Ron // Washington Jewish Week;2/23/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p17
The author focuses on the observance of the Jewish Disability Awareness Month in February.
- Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day encourages testing. // Between the Lines (10807551);2/10/2011, Issue 1906, p14
The article reports that the National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is set to promote awareness and testing on February 7, 2011 in Michigan.
- Misguided criticism. Morton, Felicity // Learning Disability Practice;Dec2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Misguided Kindness," by Alex McClimens, published in previous issue.
- Students Light it Up Blue for Autism Awareness. // Curriculum Review;May2013, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses how students and teachers at Barnum School, a Massachusetts preschool led by Principal Janet Belanger, wore blue clothing on April 2, 2013 in recognition of World Autism Day.