From codes to language: is the ICF a classification system or a dictionary?
- Act fast to address employee's request for ADA disability accommodation. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Dec2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p3
The article presents a U.S. court case in which the judge ruled out that disability accomodation requests of employees should be considered and acted upon instantly at the workplace.
- CORRECTING and REPLACING The Principal Goes Back to the Basics with Short-Term Disability. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
A correction to the publication of the article "The Principal Goes Back to the Basics with Short-Term Disability" is presented.
- Independent Nurse: Professional - Resources - In numbers - Disability in Wales. // GP: General Practitioner;11/6/2009, p48
The article presents information on the ratio of physical disabilities in both men and women as a main health problems in Wales in 2007.
- Responding to Nonresponders: An Experimental Field Trial of Identification and Intervention Methods. McMaster, Kristen L.; Fuchs, Douglas; Fuchs, Lynn S.; Compton, Donald L. // Exceptional Children;Summer2005, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p445
First graders (H = 323) participated in an evidence-based classwide reading program (Peer-Assisted Learning Strategies; PALS). A dual-discrepancy approach was used to identify 56 children whose reading performance and growth rates were substantially below those of average readers, indicating...
- Time to Change Disability Income Policies? Katt, Peter C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p36
Provides information on disability income (DI) payments. Important DI features; Problems with DI tax-deduction; Suggestions on selecting various DI features.
- Moving toward self-acceptance: A course for students with learning disabilities. Yuan, Frances // Intervention in School & Clinic;May94, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p301
Focuses on a program designed to address the difficulties students seem to have in accepting their learning disabilities and, to help them develop self-understanding and self-advocacy skills. Course model and goals; Setting and participants; Class structure; Ecological approach; Study findings...
- Struggling readers don't work at reading: They just get... Dayton-Sakari, Mary // Intervention in School & Clinic;May97, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p295
Provides instruction strategies to gain back control of reading skills in students with reading and learning difficulties. How readers and teachers speak nonverbally; Physical behavior patterns; Physical control of materials for excellent and struggling readers; Teachers' role in educating...
- Parallels between math and reading disability: Common issues and approaches. Kulak, Alison G. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Dec93, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p666
Reviews the common issues and approaches in skill acquisition in reading and math disabilities. Discussion of findings on the nature of the differences between learners with and without disabilities; The deficit/delay issue; Summary and conclusions of the review.
- Society's response to differences. Turner, Caroline Sotell; Louis, Karen Seashore // Remedial & Special Education;May96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p134
Discusses how society views individuals with disabilities by examining the theories on differences from a sociological perspective. Definitions of differences; Classic sociological theories; Implications to the community.