- FDA WARNING: OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICINES RISKY. Mandavilli, Apoorva // Discover;Jan2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p51
The article reports on a warning issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in April 2005 regarding the possible side effects of over-the-counter painkillers. It has requested manufacturers to include information on a product's risk in the packaging. The debate over painkiller safety began...
- Contaminated OTC topical antiseptics resulting in infections. TANZI, MARIA G. // Pharmacy Today;Jul2014, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p43
The article focuses on the contaminated over-the-counter (OTC) topical antiseptics which resulted into infection, Topics discussed include drug safety communication released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in November 2013 to request a change in the labeling and packaging in OTC...
- OTC ingredient listing can wait for rule. // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p34
Announces that OTC drug manufacturers will be allowed to postpone complying with Modernization ACT provisions of the United States (U.S.) Food and Drug Administration (FDA). What the provisions require; Reference to a guidance interpretation which was issued.
- OTC Labels Get a New Look. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Consumer Healthcare Products Association's release of a consumer information brochure to promote awareness of new over-the-counter (OTC) product labels. Efforts to help consumers comprehend the importance of reading and following OTC...
- Avoiding overdose goal of US FDA guidance. // Reactions Weekly;5/21/2011, Issue 1352, p2
The article reports on the guidelines released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for liquid over-the-counter (OTC) drugs with dispensing devices.
- Prescription to over-the-counter drug reclassification. Jacobs, Lori R. // American Family Physician;5/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p2209
Presents information on procedures implemented by the United States (US) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for over-the-counter drugs. Popularity of health care among health care consumers; Effects of reclassified products on the US health care system; Importance of patient education on...
- Studies mull easier switches to OTC. Weinstein, Deborah // Medical Marketing & Media;Apr2012, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p27
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is looking for change in the over-the-counter (OTC) market that could help move more drugs from prescription to OTC status.
- FDA issues new warning for OTC ophthalmics. // Drug Topics;3/16/98, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p8
States that the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has proposed adding the warning `pupils may become dilated' to its final monograph for OTC ophthalmic vasoconstrictors following 400 adverse drug experience reports. Details on the use of the drug; Information on the side effects;...
- FDA reforms `clarify' agency's OTC inspection authority. Tarlach, Gemma M. // Drug Topics;1/5/98, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on regulations on the United States Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) role in the over-the-counter (OTC) drug market. When these regulations were passed; Comments from Douglas Ellsworth, FDA New Jersey district director; Reference to the 1997 FDA Modernization and Accountability Act;...