Home-based medication management system looks to future
- CAPABLE program helps elders remain independent longer. // Reflections on Nursing Leadership;2015 1st Quarter, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- SAVING FOR YOUR FUTURE HEALTH CARE NEEDS. August, Justin // Business People;Oct2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p74
The article discusses the importance of planning for long-term health care financial needs, such as senior independent living, home health care and assisted living.
- INDEPENDENT LIVING. // Baltimore Jewish Times;7/25/2014 Supplement, p44
No abstract available.
- Number set to leave hospital trebles. // Learning Disability Today;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that most people with learning disabilities living in hospital-type placements have a date set for a transfer back into community housing, according to a report from the National Health Service England as of September 30, 2014.
- Drug related problems and pharmacist interventions in a geriatric unit employing electronic prescribing. Raimbault-Chupin, Mélina; Spiesser-Robelet, Laurence; Guir, Véronique; Annweiler, Cédric; Beauchet, Olivier; Clerc, Marie-Anne; Moal, Frédéric // International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy;Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p847
Background Computerised physician order entry (CPOE) and the integration of a pharmacist in clinical wards have been shown to prevent drug related problems (DRPs). Objectives The primary objective was to make an inventory of the DRPs and resident pharmacist on-ward interventions (PIs) identified...
- Management of drug therapy: A reality for home care R.Ph.s? Snyder, Karen // Drug Topics;7/24/95, Vol. 139 Issue 14, p48
Reports on the powerlessness of home care pharmacists to make changes for the improvement of drug therapy. Opposition by organized medicine; California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (CSHP); Amendment of bill seeking expansion of drug therapy management to home care setting; California...
- Pharmacists Can Bridge the Education Gap-at Home and in Community. Riker, Gretchen // Generations;Winter2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p75
Elder Services, a division of Spokane Mental Health, focuses on social work case management of adults 60 years of age and greater. The goals of Elder Services are to prevent premature placement to the hospital, psychiatric ward, or long-term-care facility and to prevent suicide in this...
- Surrogate Decision Makers Needed for Community-Dwelling Adults with Dementia. // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;Jun2014, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p9
The article provides information on the need for surrogate decision makers for adult patients with dementia. Topics discussed include the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health researcher's analysis of the Health and Retirement Study data, the study findings that recommend directives...
- Emerging Technologies to Support Independent Living of Older Adults at Risk. Hanson, Gregory J.; Takahasbi, Paul K.; Pecina, Jennifer L. // Care Management Journals;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p58
The aging ofthe population is expected to place an unprecedented strain on health care systems over the next two decades and beyond. Emerging electronic monitoring technologies provide opportunities to learn about the aging process, age-related diseases, and contribute to new cost effective care...