Linagliptin approved for type 2 diabetes
- FDA actions. // Primary Care Reports;Jul2011 Pharmacology Watch, p2
The article reports on several measures taken by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as of July 2011. Linagliptin has received approval for use in treating adults with type 2 diabetes. The non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) rilpivirine has been approved for use in...
- FDA actions. Elliott, William T. // Primary Care Reports;Mar2012 Pharmacology Watch, p2
The article reports on the issuance by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of an order on the prohibition on the use of cephalosporins in cattle, swine, chickens and turkeys effective on April 15, 2012.
- Evogliptin: First Global Approval. McCormack, Paul // Drugs;Nov2015, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p2045
Evogliptin (Suganonâ„¢) is an orally bioavailable, selective dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4; CD26 antigen) inhibitor being developed by Dong-A ST for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. DPP-4 inhibitors control glucose levels by preventing the breakdown of the incretin hormones...
- FDA actions. // Primary Care Reports;Mar2013 Pharmacology Watch, p2
The article reports the recent progress made by the FDA to categorize hydrocodone/acetaminophen in schedule II category from schedule III. This move is a result of the abuse of drugs like Vicodin and Norco, which has led to increased number of deaths in America. It is also presented that Johnson...
- Drugs in Phase 3 Clinical Trials for Type 2 Diabetes. Goodman, Alice // American Health & Drug Benefits;Sep2011, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p410
The article reports on novel therapies, including dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors, glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists and sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors, that are either being evaluated in 2011 in clinical trials for type two diabetes or have been approved to treat type two...
- New first in class treatment for adults with type 2 diabetes. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Dec2012, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p669
The article reports that Dapagliflozin (Forxiga), a new once-daily tablet, has been approved as a treatment to improve blood glucose control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
- FDA OKs 3 Diabetes Drugs. // Nurse Practitioners Prescribing Reference;Spring2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, pA-18
The article informs that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved drugs Nesina Oseni and Kazano from Takeda pharmaceuticals for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in adults.
- Basing approval of drugs on real world outcomes. McGovern, Andrew; Hinchlife, Robert; Munro, Neil; de Lusignan, Simon // BMJ: British Medical Journal;11/7/2015, Vol. 351 Issue 8032, ph5829
A letter to the editor in response to an article on the efficacy of drugs for type 2 diabetes published in the October 17, 2015 issue is presented.
- Two new diabetes drugs on the market. // Cardiology Today;Mar2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p35
The article reports on the approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of two drugs indicated for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.