- Smurfs Limit Mobile Spend. Johnson, Andrew // American Banker;5/13/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F318, p9
Brief information is given about changes made to Apple Inc.'s iPhone game Smurfs' Village after complaints indicated children were making hundreds of dollars of in-game purchases and charging them to iTunes accounts.
- Portrait: Vivian Rosenthal. // Adweek;4/25/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 16, p60
The article focuses on Internet industry entrepreneur Vivian Rosenthal, discussing GoldRun, a new business enterprise which uses the Global Positioning System to create treasure hunts for smartphone users which will offer prizes including discounts and other forms of marketing.
- Technical Challenges for the Gambling World. Bertilsson, Peter // Casino International;Nov2014, p52
The article focuses on the technical challenges faced by gambling industry. Topics discussed include the challenge brought by growth smartphone, relating the need for the industry to adopt to the existing mobile culture, the benefits of Big Data development to the industry, and the benefits...
- ROKU OFFERS HULU PLUS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;10/4/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the offering by media player manufacturer Roku Inc. of access to subscription-based Hulu Plus starting in Fall 2010.
- New Roku 2 Players Offer casual Games. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p12
The article reports that Roku Inc. introduced last July 20, 2011 the Roku 2 HD, Roku 2 XD and Roku 2 XS series of devices which have the capacity to play casual games and will include by summer channels for Facebook, AOL HD and FoxNews.com.
- ROKU BOWS CONTEST. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/19/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p18
The article discloses the move of the company Roku to offer 35,000 U.S. dollars to winning developers of new platforms for its channel store and to seek submissions in six categories, including video and social media, through September 7, 2010.
- Beyond Apple TV. Seff, Jonathan // Macworld;Dec2011, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p84
The article offers brief information on the media box Roku 2 XS from Roku Inc.
- ROKU ADDS 50TH CHANNEL. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/23/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p16
The article reports that independent video channel Vimeo has been included by Roku in its offering, now totaling 50 channels.
- ROKU MARKS ITS SIXTH BIRTHDAY. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;5/26/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p4
The article mentions the anniversary of Roku Inc., which has been in the streaming player business for six years.