The Innovation Chasm and the Big Six
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Cable Can Regain the Youth Vote. Selkoe, Greg // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p35
In this article the author discusses aspects of the technological evolution in the cable television industry in the U.S. He asserts that as member of the Internet generation, he is still passionate about television and its ability to connect with young people. He ponders on the comparison...
- TOP TECH. // CableFAX Magazine;Oct2011, p32
The article focuses on the top executives in terms technology innovation in the U.S. cable television industry in 2011. It says that Orlena Blanchard, senior vice president for Digital Media at TV One is involved in the original video of the network's web site. It adds that Sherita Ceasar,...
- Cablers Are Mad About iPad. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. and CableLabs to release iPad tablet-based remotes in changing the channel to enhance television (TV) experience in the cable industry in the U.S.
- LEADERSHIP AWARD: Comcast. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p21
The article features Comcast Corp., a cable company which has received the leadership award from the periodical "CableFAX: The Magazine."
- X1 Licensing: One Size Might Not Fit All. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the efforts of telecom company Comcast for licensing the X1, a cloud computing-based, internet protocol-capable video platform, from the company, as of September 2015, and mentions the challenges facing the independent cable operators due to paid television services.
- Analysts: Attention to Innovation, Budgets Gives Cable an Edge. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p24
The article offers the insights of several cable industry analysts regarding the importance of innovative products in maintaining the competitive advantage of the industry including Tom Eagan, Benjamin Swinburne and Jason Bazinet.
- 2013: The Year Ahead in VOD. Shaver, Jon // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p23
The author discusses the importance of innovations in management, distribution and capitalization of video-on-demand for the success of cable television industry.
- Comcast Eyes 3.7% Rate Hike. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p43
The article discusses the plan of Comcast to raise cable rates across the U.S. an average of 3.7% in 2008. Notices have been sent to consumers about the change in rates, with customers in Maryland facing a raise for the standard service from $56.40 to $60. Other tiers of programming will also...