HBO Working Hard On 2 'Go' Holdouts
- The end of computers for small wholesalers? Friedman, Dick // Supply House Times;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on the replacement of computers and software with online off-site data processing. Decrease of information systems cost of wholesalers; Involvement of application service providers (ASP) model on purchase of an unlimited-user license; Steps to investigate an ASP.
- Is it time for a 'whole-broker'? Bittner, Bill // Tire Business;11/5/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p12
The article presents opinion of the author on merging the roles of wholesaler and broker into one package. The author says that wholesalers provide efficiency necessary to distribute products efficiently from manufacturers, and brokers support the information channel necessary to carry the...
- Well Implemented, Tech Can Drive Sales. Glover, Hannah // Money Management Executive;11/6/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that investment companies have deflated their enthusiasm for web-based applications and the potential for technology to help grow their business in the U.S. The investments of the companies in technology had also reduced and that leave service providers fighting to prove...
- Committee news. // Irish Motor Management;Jan/Feb2007, p9
The article offers news briefs on the automobile industry in Ireland. Heavy goods vehicle (HGV) distributors have started discussions and investigations into the effect of new regulations that will require new commercial vehicles to be type approved. The wholesalers sector will be provided with...
- METAMORPHOSIS OF THE MIDDLEMAN. Itoi, Nikki Goth // Industry Week/IW;Sep2001, Vol. 250 Issue 12, p27
Focuses on the use of electronic commerce technologies by distributors and dealers in dealing with customers. Number of orders processed by Snap-on Inc. through its Web site as of September 2001; Tasks of distributors and dealers; Challenges for distributors in using electronic commerce...
- HBO Home Video. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p44
Reports on motion picture video releases from HBO Home Video for the fourth quarter of 1996.
- New video ventures. Shakespeare, Tonia L.; Hayes, Cassandra // Black Enterprise;May96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p66
Reports on the video contracts that HBO Home Video has acquired from several movie outfits. Includes the videotapes `White Man's Burden'; `Tuskegee Airmen'; `Straight Out of Brooklyn'; `Cosmic Slop'; Role that Henry McGee played to negotiate the release of the films.
- HBO to produce hour dramas. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p148
Reports on Home Box Office's (HBO) plans for 1994. Entry into the one-hour drama business; Statistics on HBO' success in 1993; Growth in subscriber base; Return of comedian Dennis Miller as host of a weekly, half-hour show; Lineup of original movies and documentaries for 1994; Extension of...
- HBO launches in-room video services network. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/22/93, Vol. 208 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the introduction of the Home Box Office (HBO) Visitor Information Network to hotels. Providing in-room video services; Features of the service; Rolling out in several states.