NBCU Eyes Theme Park Stake
- Untitled. Dixon, Annabel // Estates Gazette;11/9/2013, Issue 1345, p03
The article focuses on the decision of financial services firm Blackstone to purchase a 40% stake in Chinese shopping centre group SCP in 2013.
- UPDATED: NBCU to Buy Blackstone's Universal Orlando Stake. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/13/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p3
This article reports on the sale of the 50 percent stake of Blackstone Group LP in the Universal Studios theme-park resort in Orlando, Florida, in 2011. NBCUniversal (NBCU) will acquire the stake for 1.025 billion U.S. dollars. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP served as the legal advisor...
- Qantas Airways in Talks to Sell 40% Stake in Frequent Flyer Unit. // EmergingMarketsNOW;11/13/2008, p2
The article reports on the agreement between Qantas Airways Ltd. and Blackstone Group LLP and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) to sell its 40% stake in the frequent flyer unit in Australia. Proceeds from the investment will be used by Qantas for expansion plans. Key information about...
- Blackstone Slips into Versace for $288M. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/3/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the plan of investment banking company Blackstone Group to invest about 206 million dollars in capital and buy around 82 million dollars in stock in fashion company Gianni Versace SPA in 2014. A background on the history and business operations of Versace is presented. The...
- Blackstone Continues European Buying Binge. // TelecomWeb News Digest;4/24/2006, p3
The article reports on the move of the Blackstone Group to purchase a 4.5 percent stake in Deutsche Telekom from German bank Kreditanstalt fuer Wiederaufbau (KFW). The combined ownership share of the German government and KFW will be reduced to 33 percent. The deal also reduces the stake of KFW...
- NBCU JOB CUTS TO TOTAL 500. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;11/13/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on job cuts at NBCUniversal Media LLC, that will amount to around 500 layoffs by the end of 2012.
- STAT OF THE WEEK. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/18/2016, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p6
The amount in advertising dollars that media and entertainment company NBCU says it is on track to sell for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is presented.
- GoliNow to enter maintenance game? // Golfdom;Feb2016, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p9
The article informs that online tee times seller GolfNow has launched GolfNow Ride, which will look at the maintenance side of golf game.
- Blackstone Finalizes Latest Fund. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/26/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p21
The article reports that the Blackstone Group made a final close of 13.5 billion U.S. dollars for its latest buyout vehicle.