Distribution Trumps Content in First Quarter
- Funds Find Quality in Cable Stocks. // Multichannel News;2/20/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p26
The article offers information on the engagement of top media companies on quality of stocks in the multiple system operators (MSO) sector after experiencing increase in mutual funds. It mentions that Comcast Corp. will spend three billion U.S. dollars for stocks purchasing in 2012 after the...
- What's Next After a Failed $45B Cable Merger. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;5/8/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 14, p20
The article explores the issues surrounding the merger agreement of mass media firm Comcast Corp. with cable telecommunications company Time Warner Cable (TWC) and its related transactions agreement with Charter Communications, Inc. which have been terminated. Topics covered include the increase...
- SEEKING SUBS. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on how the acquisition of Time Warner Cable by media company Comcast is an attempt by the latter to circumvent ongoing subscriber losses and address rising content costs, as of February 2014.
- UFC: Two Decades of Eventful Growth. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;11/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p3a
The article discusses the 20th anniversary of producing mixed martial arts (MMA's) fights by Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), MMA promotion company, in November 2013. It informs that UFC's video-on-demand offerings include several distributors such as Comcast Corp., Charter Communications...
- Time Warner Buy Said Near. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/25/2013, pA01
- Charter Wins In TWC Bidding. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/1/2015, pB02
3 The $55 bil cash/stock buyout would reward
- Time Warner Offers Stability. SCOTT STODDARD // Investors Business Daily;10/ 8/2013, pB09
The article focuses on the stock and dividend growth of Time Warner Cable Inc. It states that dividend price of cable television operator behind Comcast has increased. It further mentions that investor Liberty Media is also planning about its collaboration with cable television operator Charter...
- On The Circuit:. // CableFAX Daily;6/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 115, p3
The article highlights the Leaders in Learning Awards held at a Smithsonian museum. Cable in the Classroom coordinated the event with a National Cable Television Association board meeting. Programs were funded by Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter and Cablevision. Programs cited include...
- Charter's Plan B, As In Bright House. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;3/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p3
The article focuses on the impact of pending merger between communication firms Comcast and Time Warner Cable (TWC) on the cable system operator Bright House Networks. It speculates acquisition of Bright House by the company Charter Communications due to reliance of its business on shared...