Distribution Trumps Content in First Quarter
- Funds Find Quality in Cable Stocks. // Multichannel News;2/20/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p26
The article offers information on the engagement of top media companies on quality of stocks in the multiple system operators (MSO) sector after experiencing increase in mutual funds. It mentions that Comcast Corp. will spend three billion U.S. dollars for stocks purchasing in 2012 after the...
- What's Next After a Failed $45B Cable Merger. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;5/8/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 14, p20
The article explores the issues surrounding the merger agreement of mass media firm Comcast Corp. with cable telecommunications company Time Warner Cable (TWC) and its related transactions agreement with Charter Communications, Inc. which have been terminated. Topics covered include the increase...
- The Comcast-Time Warner Merger Is Not a Sign of Strength. Downes, Larry // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;2/18/2014, p2
The article looks at various issues concerning the merger between mass media company Comcast and cable company Time Warner Cable that will control 30 percent of total U.S. cable subscriptions or about 25 percent of all U.S. homes.
- SEEKING SUBS. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on how the acquisition of Time Warner Cable by media company Comcast is an attempt by the latter to circumvent ongoing subscriber losses and address rising content costs, as of February 2014.
- Cable Giants Eye Next Moves. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/27/2015, pA01
4 In the face of increasing regulatory skepticism,
- Deal Talk Will Dominate Upcoming Earnings Season. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;7/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p35
The article focuses on the consolidation of various telecommunication industries that will be dependent on their earning results. It mentions that the consolidation of the cable telecommunication companies Time Warner Cable Inc. and Charter Communications Inc. will be dependent on the earning...
- Charter, Time Warner Cable Shareholders Approve Deal. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;9/22/2015, p72
The article reports on the acquisition of cable telecommunications company Time Warner Cable (TMC) by cable television, telephone and Internet provider Charter Communications for 55 billion dollars. Topics discussed include the announcement of the deal in late May 2015, the decision of rival...
- Phil Meeks, TWC Business Services: A new chapter. Majithia, Kavit // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
The merger between Time Warner Cable and Comcast has some major implications for wholesale as well as cable. Capacity speaks to the COO and EVP of TWC Business Services, Phil Meeks.
- As Broadband Use Racks Up, Comcast Runs Data Cap Tests. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;11/4/2015, p00
Amid growing pay-TV subscriber losses, here's a multiple-choice question for investors in cable TV stocks: