Comcast Picks Chicago to Cut Ribbon On Its Subsidized Internet Plan
- Chicago's "Internet Essentials" Enrollment Doubles to 14,000. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;9/18/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p3
The article focuses on the launch of the Comcast Internet Essentials program as of September 2013 by Mayor of Illinois Rahm Emanuel, David L. Cohen, president of the communications firm Comcast, and Wendy DuBoe, president of the organization United Way of Metropolitan Chicago. The program aims...
- Mayor Emanuel Announces Chicago Broadband Challenge. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/3/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 28, p3
In this article, Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel announces the launch of the Chicago Broadband Challenge in Chicago. It reports that through broadband launch, Chicago can secure its position as the digital capital of the Illinois. It proposes that broadband network in Chicago would improve...
- Chicago-Based Technology Companies are Committing to 2,000 New Jobs in the City. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;10/ 3/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p3
The article offers information on Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago, Illinois who announced more than 2000 job vacancies in Chicago by 2015. It informs that City will attract next generation companies and start-ups to Chicago by offering affordable gigabit speed broadband options. It reflects that...
- Comcast counters Verizon with 305-Mbps broadband plans. // FttX;
The article previews 305-Mbps downstream broadband services that will be launched by Comcast Corp.
- CABLE'S NEW PIRATES. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;4/7/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 7, p19
Comments on Comcast Corp.'s move to increase its rates for cable broadband. Reason for the move; Amount of the rate increase.
- Speed Demon: Comcast Blasts 105-Meg Internet. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the availability of Vomcast Corp.'s Extreme 105 residential-broadband service with download speeds of up to 105 megabits per second (Mbps) and uploads of 10 Mpbs to more or less 40 million households in the U.S.
- Broadband subscribers grow. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/21/2014, pA02
The article reports that Internet service provider Comcast Corp. added 203,000 net new broadband Internet subscribers in the second quarter of 2014.
- Comcast Launches New Xfinity Brand. // India -- West;3/5/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 15, pB7
The article reports on the launch of Comcast Corp.'s new Xfinity brand for its technology platform, products and services in the U.S.
- Comcast Announces 2 Gigabit Residential Service & New Extreme 250 MBPS Tier in Calif. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;May2015, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to launch Extreme 250, a 250 Megabits per second (Mbps) Internet speed tire for customers in California in 2015.