EchoStar Slings Over-the-Top Pitch
- Vendors Fast-Forward Net DVR Plans. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p36
The article reports on the increased efforts of the video-on-demand (VOD) vendors to offer VOD systems for high capacity Remote Storage-Digital Video Recorder (RS-DVR) services.
- DISH Network Unwraps Slingbox DVR. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;1/8/2009, p7
The article announces the launch of a high-definition digital video recorder called the ViP 922 built by EchoStar Technologies by satellite pay-television provider DISH Network. The device incorporates Sling Media's technology that allows people to access programs available on their home...
- POLL: DVR GROWTH TO TOP HDTV, VOD. Swann, Phillip // Television Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p17
Presents the results of a survey on the views of executives on four television technologies in the U.S. as of April 2003. Digital video recorder; High definition television; Video-on-demand; Interactive television.
- Research. // CableFAX Daily;3/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p2
Provides information on two studies concerning users of broadband communications systems and video-on-demand/digital video recorders in the U.S. Percentage increase in the number of active broadband home users as of February 2006; Reason families frequently use video-on-demand and digital video...
- Viewer choice drives the next generation of TV hardware. Gash, Bill // New Media Age;4/28/2005, p13
This article comments on the impact of the relationship of U.S. viewers to their digital video recorders on TV viewing and advertising. Using its Technographics panel, Forrester Research asked viewers with a digital video recorder (DVR) what features they would like in their ideal TV service....
- Original Programming Costs Raise Concern. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses greater investment in quality programming among broadcast networks, which is concerning some Wall Street analysts as this could leave these companies with unattractive profits. Topics discussed include the success seen by broadcaster AMC after producing shows like "Mad...
- Boob tube vs. YouTube. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Oct2010, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p8
The author reflects on the study conducted by Morpace Omnibus concerning the importance of Internet programming in the U.S. He asserts that there 41% of respondents have relied to use digital video recorder (DVR) and video on demand (VOD) because of its greater influences on viewing and...
- 4A's Execs Pause to Mull DVRs. Bachman, Katy // Brandweek;2/16/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on discussions about the offering of video-on-demand and digital video recording services at the American Association of Advertising Agencies' media conference in Orlando, Florida in February 2004. Statement issued by Jim Stengel, global marketing officer for Procter & Gamble; Argument...
- SPOT WATCH. // Multichannel News;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p36
Features an advertisement shown at DirecTV digital video recorder aired in November 2004 which focused on cable's on-demand play. Details of the commercial scene; Message of the commercial addressed to its viewers.