Netflix: Bandwidth Glutton
- Netflix, YouTube Swarm The Downstream. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p5
The article presents the findings of the "Global Internet Phenomena Report" from the networking equipment company Sandvine Inc. that indicates downstream traffic on North American fixed broadband networks as of November 2013. The report reveals that over-the-top video content providers Netflix...
- Netflix Streaming Isn't Slowing Down. // Multichannel News;10/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p26
The article discusses the findings of Sandvine Inc.'s Fall 2011 Global Internet Phenomena Report which examined trends in broadband traffic. The study reportedly revealed that Netflix Inc. accounts for 32.7 percent of downstream traffic in the U.S. during peak hours. It notes that the study...
- Netflix Traffic Share Soars. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/15/2014, pA01
8 The video-streaming service accounts for 34% of U.S. peak evening downloads up from 32% in late 2013, according to network gear maker Sandvine.
- SANDVINE: NETFLIX TOPS PEAK DOWNSTREAM TRAFFIC. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/12/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p8
The article reports that Netflix is the top online video site as of November 2012, according to broadband network solutions provider Sandvine.
- A BANDWIDTH BARON. // Daily Variety;10/27/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 19, p4
The article presents a study conducted by traffic software manufacturer Sandvine Inc. which reveals that Netflix Inc. is commanding more bandwidth than any other source of online video in the U.S.
- BitTorrent traffic share hits new low. Lambrechts, Stephen // APC (Future Publishing Ltd.);Nov2015, Issue 421, p7
The article focuses on the report from Sandvine, a network management company, which shows the decline of the total amount of the Internet bandwidth being spent on BitTorrent traffic in Europe in 2014.
- Audio, Video Soak Up the Bits. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;12/14/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p16
The article reports on the findings of bandwidth-management firm Sandvine's latest Global Internet Phenomena report according to which reveals that the streaming media company Netflix has greater share of traffic than all of streaming audio and video broadband networks. It presents the view of...
- BitTorrent Sync 2.3.1. // Web User;2/24/2016, Issue 391, p29
The article offers brief information on the BitTorrent Sync 2.3.1 computer network protocol from software company BitTorrent Inc.
- Comcast and Netflix -- What's the Big Deal? LENARD, THOMAS F. // Multichannel News;3/10/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p27
The author opines on the payment made by Netflix Inc. to Comcast Corp. for direct access to its network. The author opines on the agreement addressing the congestion that is slowing delivery of Netflix videos to Comcast's broadband subscribers, growth of Netflix and other streaming video...