FOR THE RECORD
- Debt reduction: A sound investment strategy. Kistner, William G. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p62
Focuses on debt reduction as an investment strategy. Option of paying off credit card balances; Disadvantages of a debt reduction strategy; Historical rates of return on stocks.
- Free Lunch or Last Supper? Steinfeld, Edward S.; Hulme, Virginia A. // China Business Review;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the national debate generated by debt-equity swaps between state banks and state firms in China. Focus of debt-equity swaps; Potential benefits of debt-equity swaps; Issues surrounding the swaps. INSET: China's Economy, First Quarter 2000.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/6/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 49, p22
Reports on the French government's plans for its debt conversion program. Discount rate offered to investors buying Moroccan debt; Projects under the program.
- Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/6/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p31
States that the Ministry of Finance in Jordan, approved two debt-equity swap agreements with France. What the two approved projects are; Who they were planned by; Reference to France taking a $6 million stake; Relation to a third agreement between UK Pipes and General Plastics Industry; Other...
- Debt-equity swaps: Investment incentive effects and secondary market prices. Bowe, Michael; Dean, James W. // Oxford Economic Papers;Jan93, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p130
Presents a framework clarifying issues related to the investment incentive effects of debt-equity swap program in North American countries. Benefits and costs of debt conversion schemes; Usage of model for analyzing swaps; Investment incentive effects of swaps.
- The basic macroeconomics of debt swaps. Velasco, Andres; Larrain, Felipe // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr93, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p207
Provides a simple framework in which to analyze the macroeconomic effects of debt swaps. Introduction; Practice of using debt-equity swaps to reduce the debt overhang of developing countries; Basic model and basic swap; Bonds versus money-financed swaps; Fiscal deficits and the possibility of...
- Expert: Single System Must Manage Risk. Sinnock, Bonnie // Origination News;Apr2011, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p19
The article presents the special report concerning a single system for compliance needs, a form of buyback or pushback risk.
- U.K. Banks Assess Options for Firms Acquired in Crisis. // American Banker;8/18/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 128, p10
The article discusses the divestment options that British banks such as Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC and Barclays PLC are considering for the troubled companies they acquired in debt-for-equity swaps and successfully reorganized in Great Britain.
- A Business Unto Himself. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p4B
Profiles Julian Brodsky, vice chairman at Comcast Corp. and founder and chairman at Comcast Interactive Capital Group in the U.S. Career background; Educational attainment; Contributions made to the television cable industry.