Analysts: Ad Momentum Should Increase
- Football's End Helped USA Depose ESPN. // Multichannel News;3/5/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on the most-viewed basic cable networks and programs in primetime in February 2012. It states that USA Network recognized ESPN as the most-watched basic cable network on its five-month run, which has been driven by the NFL "Monday Night Football" telecasts and its coverage on...
- Network in decline. Branch, Andrew // World (0888157X);8/8/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p64
The article offers information on various aspects related to cable television company ESPN. Topics discussed include the resignation of the sports commentator Keith Olbermann from the company, the decline of satellite and cable subscribers from the network, and political and moral advocacy of...
- Top Networks Take Plunge In Cable's Summer Swoon. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 33, p25
The article reports on the performance of cable television networks in the U.S. during the 2014 summer and mentions topics including lower primetime ratings of several networks, higher rating of ESPN for its coverage of the World Cup, and impact of lower ratings on revenues and profits.
- Winter expo-tential. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Nov91, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p8
Offers information on the team up of New Hampshire Department of Resources and Economic Development (DRED), the tourism industry and New Hampshire Public Television for Channel 11's Winter Expo. Subjects to be covered to the show; Other highlights of the show.
- Could TV be bought and sold based on who's talking about it? ESPN and CNN think so. Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;7/27/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 26, p6
The article discusses marketing research conducted by social-media firm Keller Fay, which is designed to track the relationship between television advertising and word-of-mouth recommendations. It is said that the results of this research are being used by the television networks ESPN and CNN...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Print holds steadfast as complement to TV. Freeman, Laurie // Advertising Age;1/16/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 3, pI-20
Presents views of executives at global publications on the spread of global satellite and cable television channels. Statistics on advertising expenditure in different media; Impact of Global TV on sales of advertising space.
- NTL Continues Continental Advance with French Deal. Galetto, Mike // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p32
Informs that NTL Inc., the largest cable operator in Great Britain, agreed to buy into France's leading cable operator, Noos. Partnership with Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Private Equity; Boost to NTL's position in the French market.
- Cable continues to cruise along. // Adweek Western Edition;12/13/93, Vol. 43 Issue 50, p11
Reports that cable television's business continues to reach final negotiations. Advertisers; Growth.