TNT Slates Mystery Movie Set
- Cumming set as Martin-ized sleuth for ABC. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/12/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 3, p5
Reports on American Broadcasting Co.'s announcement of a one-hour mystery-comedy television series about a gay couple who stumbles into detective work through their regular work as interior designers. Production details for the series; Other successful series in this genre; Casting for the...
- Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 1. Greenberg, Joan // Library Journal;9/15/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 15, p40
The article reviews the DVD release of the television mini-series "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series One," based on the Phryne Fisher mystery stories by Australian author Kerry Greenwood.
- Action gets tough for old and new hours. Coe, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;1/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p58
Reports on the decline of action programs in television program ratings in the United States for the 1995 season. Factors including saturation of the market and competition from sitcoms in syndication; Ratings of `Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,' `Outer Limits,' and other action programs.
- Predictors of viewing and enjoyment of reality-based and fictional crime shows. Oliver, Mary Beth; Armstrong, G. Blake // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p559
Explores the attitudinal predictors of exposure to and enjoyment of reality-based and fictional crime programs in the United States. Reality-based viewing and enjoyment among younger respondents; Suggestion that fictional and reality-based programs tend to overrepresent violent crime and...
- What to Watch WEDNESDAY. Shaw, Jessica; Greenblatt, Leah; Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;9/10/2010, Issue 1119, p82
This article reports on television programs airing on Wednesday, September 8, including "Hellcats," "America's Got Talent," and "Terriers."
- Poof. Wren, Celia // Commonweal;8/15/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 13, p29
No abstract available.
- Just one more thing: Falk feted as 'Columbo' hits 30. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/22/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 20, p63
Reports that the television detective series 'Columbo' has celebrated its 30th anniversary. Director of the series' first episode; Countries where the program is being shown; Actor portraying the lead role in the series.
- Despite Sweeping Changes, Sweeps Persist. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;11/2/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 41, p14
The article reports on the launch of the WPRI television channel's investigative reports entitled "Fighting Fraud" in the U.S. Jay Howell, president and general manger of WPRI, stresses that the television program, which reveals a state government's fraud, took three months and considerable...
- Paramount Develops Mystery, Money. Albiniak, Paige; McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;12/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the television programs that are being developed by Viacom Inc. owned company, Paramount Domestic Televsion. Court shows that will be aired in 2004; Concept used in 'Unexplained Mysteries'; Program that National Broadcasting Co. Inc. owned and operated stations plan to stop airing.