- A Business Unto Himself. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p4B
Features Julian Brodsky, vice chairman of U.S. cable television company Comcast Corp. Educational and career background; Information on Brodsky's family; Contributions to the company.
- Brodsky: Fallacies Underlie Stock Declines. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p25
Focuses on the views of Comcast Corp. vice chairman Julian Brodsky on the decline in cable-stock valuations in a panel discussion at the 2003 Western Show. Common misconceptions of investors about cable stocks; Views of Brodsky on the competition in the market.
- A Business Unto Himself. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p4B
Profiles Julian Brodsky, vice chairman at Comcast Corp. and founder and chairman at Comcast Interactive Capital Group in the U.S. Career background; Educational attainment; Contributions made to the television cable industry.
- BRODSKY: Kicking Education Into Higher Gear. // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p6A
Profiles Julian Brodsky, co-founder of Comcast Corp. and winner of the 2004 Chairman's award from the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing. Professional and educational background; Investments in infrastructure builders suppliers; Opinion of Kim Kelly, former COO of Insight...
- Comcast's CFOs at Center Stage. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p20
Presents the views of John Alchin and Lawrence Smith, chief financial officers (CFO) at Comcast, on the management of the company's finances. Career background of Alchin and Smith; Significance of Julian Brodsky, former CFO at Comcast, to the challenges encountered by the company; Information...
- TRIP THE LIGHT COMCASTIC. // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p12A
The article offers information on the business operations of cable television network Comcast Corp. from 1960s to 2006 in the U.S. In 1963, the company was established by Ralph Roberts, Daniel Aaron and Julian Brodsky with the purchase of 1, 200 subscriber cable system in Mississippi. In 1997,...
- Comcast charge could hit $1.5 bil. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/2/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 42, p73
Reports the write-down charges for Comcast Corp. in New York City. Amount to be paid by Comcast for the write-down charges; Decision of the company to adopt the accounting standard set by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Comcast pulls plug on VUE bid. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/15/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the refusal of Comcast to make an offer in the bidding for entertainment assets of Vivendi Universal in the U.S. Agreement of Comcast to explore channel launches in conjunction with Vivendi Universal worldwide content; Possible sale of VUE; Deal for the film and television studio and...
- Churn Rise Predicted At Comcast. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p37
The article focuses on forecasts that have been made by analyst Tom Eagan regarding the performance of Comcast Corp. Eagan believes that Comcast will lose 125,000 customers in the fourth quarter of 2008. Increases in bad debt and housing foreclosures are the factors that led to involuntary...