Comcast Watches the Clock
- Press Three. Donohue, Steve; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p26
The article focuses on significance of the customer service center of Comcast on effecient customer service in the U.S. The customer service center handles calls from 1.2 million subscribers in eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware. Comcast and other cable operators are partnering with telephone...
- Think about that for a minute…LISTENING. Effros, Steve // CableFAX Daily;4/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 82, p4
The article reflects on the need for the U.S. cable television industry to listen to customers and respond to their needs. Japanese delegates come to the U.S. every year to compare and take notes on the latest competitive trends in the cable industry. The cable sector in Japan is still in...
- Happiness Is a Perfect Install. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p66
Deals with a meeting attended by the representatives of the top cable operators in the U.S. at the National Show in San Francisco, California on April 4, 2005. Emphasis of the meeting on enhancing customer satisfaction; Improvement in the performance of Time Warner in 2001; Launch of the...
- NBC-Comcast Merger May Curb 'Cord-Cutting'. Hatch, David // National Journal;12/18/2010, p19
The article reports on challenges facing Seattle, Washington-based cable television network Ivi TV since it was launched in September 2010. Several broadcast networks have filed lawsuits alleging that Ivi TV does not have a permit to stream its signal live over the Internet. Ivi TV has insisted...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.