North Carolina Reform Law Draws Fire
- NSTA Legislative Update: Strike Two on America COMPETES. // NSTA Express;5/24/2010, p2
The article reports on the reintroduction of the America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2010, H.R. 5325, in the U.S. done by Congressional leaders for House consideration after making a few changes to the bill.
- Acts Approved by the President. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/30/2010, Special section p1
A list of legislative bills approved by U.S. President Barack Obama on April 30, 2010 is presented, including the Emergency Aid to American Survivors of the Haiti Earthquake Act, the United States Capitol Police Administrative Technical Corrections Act of 2009 and the Trademark Technical and...
- Naming of courthouse clears yet another hurdle. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;3/15/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that the U.S. House's Economic Development, Public Buildings & Emergency Management subcommittee on transportation has approved a bill that would allow the recently opened federal courthouse to be named after the late Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson.
- Libertarians: "Cap and Tax" Destroys Jobs, Punishes Working Families. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/27/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p8
The article reports on the warning made by Libertarians to the House Energy and Commerce Committee to not approve the H.R. 2454 cap and tax bill since it will destroy jobs and punishes working families in the U.S.
- In the Congress. // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p10761
The article presents a list of various environment-related bills that are introduced, reported out of committee, passed by either house, or signed by the President in the U.S. including S. 292 (land use), H.R. 2336 (water) and H.R. 2745 (wildlife).
- House OKs Financial Reform Bill. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;7/5/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p6
The article reports that the U.S. House has voted to approve the financial reform bill which may prevent the kind of banking failures that occurred in 2008.
- VANITIES: YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK. FEIRSTEIN, BRUCE // Vanity Fair;Jul2012, Issue 623, p88
The article presents the author's legislative agenda on several laws including the H.R. 1287 or the Earmarks Act , S. 2281 or the Read Bill, and S. 2286 or the Sign-On Bill in the U.S.
- Bill supports troops, military families and national security. Skelton, Ike // Hill;10/20/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 121, p36
The article reports on the approval on National Defense Authorization Act for 2010's conference report by the House of Representatives in the U.S.
- Bill Watch. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;May2012, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on various that were passed in the U.S. House recently including a bill to repeal the Independent Payment Advisory Board, and another bill that would limit medical lawsuits passed in the House in March 2012.