Leahy Introduces Privacy Update
- Leahy: First Amendment doesn't protect thieves in copyright cases. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;4/5/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p14
The article reports on the promise of U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy to unveil a new version of his Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) in 2011.
- Republicans Block Tax Hike, Pork For Local Police. // Human Events;4/14/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 13, p30
Reports that the U.S. Senate rejected an amendment by Senator Pat Leahy (D-Vt.) on April 1, 2003 that would have raised taxes on successful citizens. Significance of the issue of federal first responder; Number of senators who voted for the amendment.
- A cast member on Batman. // Hill;7/24/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 86, p24
A blog from Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) is discussed.
- Health Care News: New Agency May Be Unlikely. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/17/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the impossibility of creating a new health insurance rate regulatory agency under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It mentions that the amendment to the health care reform bill sponsored by Senator Dianne Feinstein had not even been launched. It also...
- ESOP BULLETIN - Pro-Employee Ownership Proposals Pending in Senate. // ESOP Report;Jul2010, p10
The article discusses pro-employee amendments to the House Rule (H.R.) 5297 filed by Senators Bernard Sanders, Patrick Leahy and Sherrod Brown also known as the Small Business Lending Act. The amendments would reportedly create an initiative which will promote employee ownership at the...
- LGBT families are left out of immigration bill. // Empty Closet;Jun2013, Issue 468, p5
The article reports on the comprehensive immigration reform bill pending in the U.S. Senate. It discusses the withdrawal of the amendment proposed by Chairman Patrick Leahy of the Senate Judiciary Committee that would give equal immigration rights to same-sex spouse of American citizens to...
- Legislators of the year. Maynard, Cheryl // Planning;Apr98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on US Senator Patrick Leahy and Representative Wayne Gilchrest. Involvement in planning and environmental legislation; Awards received; Legislative bills passed; Contributions to community service.
- Leahy takes on pay-phone industry. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p20
Reports that United States Senator Patrick Leahy, is backing the paging industry battle against payphone deregulation. What legislation Leahy has introduced; Comments from Leahy.
- Leahy seeks release of mercury report. // Waste News;05/26/97, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p1
Reports that Senator Patrick J. Leahy is requesting that the United States Environmental Protection Agency release an overdue mercury report to Congress, in addition to commencing a pilot program for mercury tests of landfills. Basis of Leahy's request; Assessment of a draft of the Leahy...