Dish's Ergen Backs Away From Day to Day
- Dish sets sights on wireless boom. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;2/21/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 31, p1
The article focuses on Dish Network's business plans, particularly with regards to wireless technology and subscription television (TV), after its earnings dropped in 2012. Charlie Ergen, the company's chief, thinks that cord-cutting will stay and accelerate over time. Dish president Joe Clayton...
- Sirius Passes 600,000 Subs. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/20/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p38
The article reports on Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. It announced that it passed the 600,000-subscriber mark over the Labor Day weekend, claiming it remains on track to hit one million subscribers by the end of the year. Joe Clayton, CEO of Sirius Satellite Radio said Sirius acquired 64,000...
- Satellite radio gets Sirius. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;7/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 28, p19
Focuses on the launching of Sirius Satellite Radio via advertising at XM Satellite Radio. Authorization of broadcasting by the Federal Communications Commission; Assurance on the proper functions of consumer electronics product; Leadership of Joseph Clayton, chief executive officer of Sirius.
- Clayton Explains Joining Dish, Outlines Plans. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/17/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p30
The article reports that Joe Clayton, president and chief executive (CEO) of Dish Network Corp., he wants to be a regular employee of Dish Network and he explained his membership on the board of Echo-Star, parent company of Dish Network, in the 2011 CEO Summit in Stresa, Italy.
- DISH CEO JOE CLAYTON RETIRING MARCH 31. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/9/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p6
The article announces the retirement of Joseph Clayton, chief executive officer of satellite television company Dish Network.
- Ergen Hikes in Himalayas as Fox Talks Go On. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p29
The article reports on the move of chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen of Dish Network Corp. to take a hiking vacation in Himalayas, Nepal despite the company's dispute with Fox Cable Networks Services LLC.
- FOUR OF A KIND. // Total Telecom+;Oct2014, p23
The article talks about direct-broadcast and satellite service provider Dish Network, its chairman and co-founder Charlie Ergen, and Dish's plans for a video streaming service, establishing a mobile presence with telecommunications company T-Mobile U.S., and the AWS-3 spectrum auction.
- Ergen, Clayton Get Pay Hikes. // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p23
The article reports on the 20% wage hike received by Englewood, California-based Dish Network Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen.
- Dish reshuffles management. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/14/2015, pA02
The article announces the resignation of Charlie Ergen as president, and the appointments of Erik Carlson as president and chief operating officer (COO) and Vivek Khemka as executive vice president (EVP) of satellite service provider Dish Network.