I Respectfully Dissent
- FirstNet's latest legal interpretations make opt-out alternative less appealing to states, territories. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;10/20/2015, p1
The article discusses how public safety broadband network operator First Responder Network Authority's (FirstNet's) latest legal interpretations make opt-out alternative less appealing to states and territories and mentions that under the current law, broadband network will be overseen by FirstNet.
- Reality Check: Will BTOP Funding Create More Florida College Grads? Waldron, Katherine // Communications Technology;7/14/2010, p7
The article offers information about the legislation regarding broadband services in the U.S. It states that federal government is making efforts to offer broadband services to all population segments. Also stated about the poor status of the educational system of Florida and its economic...
- Telcos gain with diet high in fiber-optics. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;11/12/2012, Vol. 429 Issue 1, p4
The article looks at the increasing availability of broadband Internet service in the U.S. as of 2012, discussing the decline of the global market share for DSL (digital subscriber lines) services, the broadband penetration rate in North America, and fiber-optic service providers' growth.
- A Broadband Field of Dreams. SCHADELBAUER, RICK // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, Special section p46
The article discusses the findings of the "NTCA 2008 Broadband/Internet Availability Survey Report" released in October by the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association (NTCA). The survey indicates that broadband take rates increased significantly in virtually all speed tiers....
- #Rural Is Social. // Rural Telecom;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p10
The article presents social media posts related to the U.S. telecommunication and broadband industry as of March 2015 including the plan of U.S. President Barack Obama to give American better broadband access, broadband services provided by rural telephone cooperatives, and the NTCAconnect event.
- FirstNet launches 2016 consultation program with states, territories. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;12/24/2015, p1
The article reports that FirstNet will launch its consultation program in 2016. It states that it will provide facility to send planning packages to the single points of contact (SPOCs) in all states and provides a number of tools to assist the SPOCs with preparing for consultation, including a...
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS: National Broadband Plan Reflects the Experiences of Leading Countries, but Implementation Will Be Challenging. Goldstein, Mark L. // GAO Reports;10/12/2010, preceding p2
The article presents a study on national broadband telecommunication conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) in the U.S. It discusses the service for broadband Internet as crucial to a country's basic structure and economic development. It notes on the adoption of broadband...
- Bandwidth Bonanza II. Mallinson, Keith // Wireless Week;5/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p22
The article presents an analysis on the growth of mobile broadband market in the U.S. It cites that emerging mobile broadband market will create tough competition among broadband carriers. It suggests on the need to decrease the prices and costs of broadband services for carriers to survive and...
- Is the Industry Competitive? Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the tough competition in the U.S. wireless industry. It examines the Fifteenth Report released by the Federal Communications & Commission which indicates that 89.6% of the population has access to five or more mobile broadband providers. It relates strategies implement by...