Going Over the Top to Find Friends
- Netflix Meeting With European Officials. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;12/9/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p6
The article reports that video streaming service provider Netflix has met with representatives of the French government to discuss the country's pay-television options.
- Netflix stock plummets after warning. // Daily Variety;9/16/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 49, p7
The article reports on the reduction of the subscriber estimates of Netflix Inc. by 1 million as of the third quarter of 2011 due to the impact of its drastic price changes.
- NETFLIX AND DISNEY INK AN EXCLUSIVE PAY-TV DEAL IN CANADA. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;7/21/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on a deal signed by Netflix that gives it an exclusive pay-television access to first-run Disney movies in Canada beginning in 2015.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p36
The article informs that around 27 percent pay television (TV) subscribers are also Netflix Inc.'s members.
- OTTs Start to Poke on Pay TV Players in Latin America When is an Astronaut not an Astronaut? // VIA Satellite;10/1/2016, p1
The article talks about the impact of changing consumer behavior on Over-The-Top (OTT) market and mentions about strategy adopted by Netflix for attracting Latin American consumers such as providing subscriptions at lower price.
- Imagining Pay-TV from Apple. Weprin, Alex // Broadcasting & Cable;1/25/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p10
In this article the author offers his insights concerning the development of subscription-TV service by Apple Inc.
- As the Apple Turns. Baumgartner, Jeff // Broadcasting & Cable;6/8/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 22, p17
The article reports that technology company Apple will not launch a pay television service at its Worldwide Developers Conference to be held in June 2015 in San Francisco, California.
- Netflix a Conquering Army. ARNOLD, THOMAS K. // Home Media Magazine;7/21/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p3
The article focuses on the impact of the subscription streaming service offered by Netflix on the disc sales business and on broadcast television (TV).
- NETFLIX: TV AD DISRUPTOR OR TIME SAVER? // Broadcasting & Cable;8/31/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 29, p19
The article focuses on data from the technology website Exstreamist showing the time savings offered by the advertising (ad)-free, subscription-only approach of streaming media provider Netflix to consumers who do not want to watch ads.