Time Warner's Martin: Flixster Key to Our Digital Strategy
- The moving picture. Bishop, Cliff // In Britain;Jan96, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p18
Provides information on the French brothers Auguste and Louis Lumiere when they opened the Cinematographe. Information on the Centenary of Cinema; Reviews of films celebrating Cinema 100. INSET: Putting movies on the map..
- On collecting classic films. Caro, Joseph J. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the collection of classic motion picture films. History of film collecting; Author's personal film collection; Film categories; Prices.
- Gerontological Film Collection broadens views on aging. Milam, Cynthia Jane // American Libraries;Oct81, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p564
Features the Gerontological Film Collection (GFC) of motion pictures and slide and filmstrip sets about aging. Circulation of the GFC by the North Texas State University (NTSU) in Denton; History of the collection and the NTSU Center for Studies in Aging designed to train graduate students in...
- Digital Content Producer's The Briefing Room. // Digital Content Producer;Sep2008, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p12
A blog from the web site Digital Content Producer related to Mammoth HD Footage Library is discussed.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC OPENS THE VAULT. Horn, Gabi // CREATIVITY;May2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the decision of the National Geographic Film Library to open its digital vault to stock users. Popularity of the library being the largest library of documentary footage in the world; Collections of the society; Availability of a number of clips online.
- Media Studies. Hook, Sarah // Australian Screen Education;Winter2001, Issue 26/27, p12
Reports the introduction of the Cinemedia Access Collection, the film, video and multimedia lending library for primary and secondary schools in Victoria. Assessment on the collection of Cinemedia; Availability of resources; Benefit of the Cinemedia on students.
- Who owns the movies? Forbes, Elliot; Pierce, David // Film Comment;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p43
Reports on the film holdings and ownerships of major corporations in the United States. Turner Broadcasting System Inc.; Matsushita Electrical Industrial Co.; Viacom Inc. Sony Corp.; News Corp.; Time Warner Inc.; Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.; Metromedia International Group Inc.; Walt Disney...
- `Library of libraries' going on the block. Williams, Michael // Variety;08/25/97, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p7
Announces plans for selling off some 1,000 films that collectively make up the `library of libraries,' acquired by Credit Lyonnais in France. Set up of the Consortium de Realisation to sell of part of the bank's assets; Strong interest expected for the films.
- Reel life: School films could fade to black. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;12/9/96, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p2
Focuses on the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) film library, which has been assembled over the course of four decades. Some of the films which can be found in the library; How the VCR has made these films a nuisance; Quality of the films; Costs of maintaining the film and accompanying equipment;...