Big Ten Network Shrinks Name to Essential Letters
- Big Ten Network hits the big time. Marek, Lynne // Crain's Chicago Business;7/5/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p2
The article discusses growth in the business of cable network, Big Ten Network LLC. As stated, the firm doubled its profits and grew its revenue from advertisements by 30 percent. Mark Silverman, chief executive officer (CEO) of Big Ten Network LLC, said firm's upcoming programming schedules and...
- Not-So-Big Ten Network Launch. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the negotiations between the Big Ten Network and cable operators, including Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Mediacom Communications, and Charter Communications, about the network's distribution of live football telecasts in seven Midwestern states and Pennsylvania. The Big Ten...
- BTN Ready For '08 Season. Reynolds, Mike // Broadcasting & Cable;8/4/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 30, p21
The article reports that Big Ten Network (BTN), owned by Fox Cable Networks and Big Ten Conference, has uplifted a deal with ComCast Inc. in the U.S. It states that the deal is part of BTN's expanded basic tier in seven of eight states in the Big Ten Conference, including Illinois, Michigan and...
- Big Ten Net Clinches Comcast Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the multi system operator (MSO) carriage agreement between Big Ten Network (BTN) and Comcast Corp. that will make BTN available on basic cable to viewers in the U.S. The deal is expected to increase BTN's carriage from 30 million homes up to 35 million homes. Moreover, the...
- CABLE GUIDE: Game Changer. // Adweek;4/22/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 16, Following pC2
The article profiles the Big Ten Network LLC cable television network as of April 2013. Topics include the network's broadcasting of college football and basketball games, statistics concerning the network's audience, and programs including "The Journey" and "The Final Drive." A 2014 expansion...
- More MGM. Rigual, Luis R.; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);May98, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p22
Reports on Brazil-based MGM Gold's teamup with United States-based Galaxy Latin America to further broaden its reach in the region.
- ISN in joint venture with China TV. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/7/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 69, p2
Reports on the joint venture between the International Shopping Network (ISN) and China Central Television to broadcast home shopping programming in China beginning January 1995. Plans for the show `World Window Shopping'; Expected first-year sales; Products to be sold.
- ITV attempts to express best intention through new idents. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);10/09/98, Issue 41, p20
Reports that ITV cable television network unveiled its idents (logo) in October 1998, with reference to BBC2 cable television network's idents which were introduced in 1991. Reference to ITV's LWT logo; Comments from John Hardie, ITV's marketing director; Importance of idents.
- Nickelodeon in talks to produce UPN kids blocks. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;02/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p3
Reports that the broadcast network UPN is negotiating with Nickelodeon about programming its weekday afternoon and Sunday kids blocks. How an alliance with Nickelodeon will benefit UPN; Success of Nickelodeon; Comments from UPN chief executive officer Dean Valentine; Why a deal between UPN and...