- Los Angeles. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;10/27/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p12
Presents information on the market changes in television broadcasting in Los Angeles, California, as of October 27, 2003. Information on the merger of NBC triopoly that includes television stations KNBC, KVEA and KWHY-TV; Acquisition of KCAL-TV station by Viacom; Effects of the expansion and...
- In WLIW merger talks, it's all about language. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/27/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p1A
Reports the proposed merger of public television stations WNET-Channel 13 and WLIW-Channel 21 in New York. Role of attorney Barry Shapiro in the deal; Cost of digital conversion for WLIW; Implication of the merger for digital broadcasting.
- UPN adds Savannah affiliate. // Electronic Media;2/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on UPN's acquisition of WUBI-TV located in Savannah, Georgia. Comments from WUBI chief, Jimmy Upchurch.
- Techtv Launches Today in ZDTV's Place. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p26
Reports the launch of Techtv in place of ZDTV on cable television in the United States. Effect of the ZDTV acquisition by Vulcan Ventures Inc. on the Ziff-Davis Inc. channel; Retention of computer and Internet programming emphasis; Plan to increase original programming; Context of distribution...
- SVT goes deep into HDTV. // TVB Europe;Dec2002, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the acquisition of DVS HDStationPlus by Sveriges Television in Sweden. Services offered by the companies; Impact of the merger on the development of high definition television delivery format.
- Ch. 21 board sets merger demands. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/29/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 26, p1A
Reports that the trustees of WLIW Channel 21 are insisting on conditions for the proposed merger with WNET-Channel 13 in New York City. Maintenance of the identity of the station; Combination of the digital broadcast resources of the company with Channel 13; Increase in the level of programming...
- Staff Merger of UPN, Fox Affiliates Set to Occur. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p3
Reports the staff merger of the San Diego station, XUPN and Fox affiliate XETV. Date of effectivity of operations; Appointment of Richard Doutre Jones as general manager; Launch of a nightly newscast by XETV; Impact of the station in Hispanic market; Proposal of a doupoly by the two stations in...
- Jowell paves the way for a single ITV with draft Bill. Rogers, Daniel // Marketing (00253650);5/9/2002, p1
Reports the outlined rules on media ownership by culture secretary Tessa Jowell concerning the acquisition of Channel 5 television station by ITV television network in Great Britain. Presentation of draft Communication Bill to the Parliament; Removal of the restrictions of ownership.
- Station trading heats up. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 40, p36
Reports activities in the television station trading market in the U.S. Sale of Benedek Broadcasting to Gray Communications Systems; Offer of Granite Broadcasting's WB station to brokers; Impact of deregulation on the broadcasting industry.
- Moonves planning makeover for UPN. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p4
Reports the consolidation of television networks CBS and UPN in the United States. Plan to reshuffle the management and operational decks; Elimination of operational redundancies at the UPN network; Resignation of Paramount Television Group Chairman Kerry McCluggage.