2011 Cable Hall of Fame Honorees
- Honoring Six Who Changed Cable. // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p50
The article presents profiles of the six inductees into the Cable Hall of Fame for the Class of 2011 who will be celebrated along with previous inductees at The Cable Center in Denver, Colorado. The inductees are honored for their leadership, innovations, and contribution to the cable...
- ERRATUM. // Variety;1/12/2009, Vol. 413 Issue 8, p39
The article presents corrections to information that was presented in the January 4, 2009 issue of "Variety."
- HBO: Reaching for the stars. Petrozzello, Donna; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p28
Presents information on Home Box Officer (HBO) cable television network, highlighting the impact its chairman Jeff Bewkes has had on the company's growth. Comments from Bewkes; Financial information on HBO; Details on some of the movies on HBO; Information on HBO's plans to implement digital...
- Shareholders applaud AOL-free Time Warner. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;5/24/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 40, p5
The article reports on the announcement made by Time Warner chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Bewkes concerning the company's decision to drop America OnLine Inc. (AOL) from its name during its annual shareholders meeting.
- They Said It! // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 42, p6
The article presents quotes from Time Warner Inc.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Bewkes, discussing the company's November 3, 2010 earnings and another from Joe Abruzzese, Discovery Communications Inc. president on his advertising sales.
- Bewkes takes charge at HBO. Battaglio, Stephen; Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;5/4/95, Vol. 337 Issue 6, p6
Reports that Jeffrey Bewkes is the new chief executive officer (CEO) of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO). Departure of former HBO chairman to become the new Warner Music head; HBO's financial performance for 1994; Changes in the company's strategic direction with Bewkes as new head.
- Jeff BEWKES and Chris ALBRECHT. // Entertainment Weekly;
Profiles Jeff Bewkes and Chris Albrecht, executives of HBO cable television network.
- HBO gets a new CEO. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/8/95, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the appointment of Jeff Bewkes as chief executive officer of HBO. Michael Fuchs as former chief executive; Status of HBO operations; Need to develop skills in nurturing HBO's relationships with Hollywood studios and talent.
- TW, CBS show love for Netflix. // Daily Variety;12/7/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that Reed Hastings of Netflix Inc. can lean on his new found friends Jeff Bewkes and Leslie Moonves for support as he tries split its DVD mailing and Web streaming business.