- DIARY. // New Media Age;10/26/2006, p43
The article presents a schedule of events in the mass media industry in Europe from October to November 2006. Interactive TV Show 2006 will be held in Berlin, Germany from October 30-31. South West Screen's Alliances Showcase will be held in Bristol, England on November 2. Digital Identity Forum...
- Social chatter doesn't just amplify TV, it's now content in its own right. POGGI, JEANINE // Advertising Age;5/14/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 20, p8
The article considers a conference on social engagement and social television sponsored by the publication, focusing on remarks made by mass media industry executives on the use of social media in marketing of television programs and on interactive television.
- Is interactive TV new media or just an extension of the old? Walley, Nigel // New Media Age;1/31/2008, p16
The author reflects on the attitudes towards new media in traditional agencies. He explains the two major obstacles to interactive television (iTV) adoption by traditional creative agencies. According to the author, the idea of iTV being classed as new media has always been a struggle for him....
- How to develop a general biology course for interactive television. Rogers, Bill // American Biology Teacher;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p420
Gives instructions for the development of a biology course for interactive television. Information on the formats and design of the course; Examination of copyright issues; Benefits of interactive television in education.
- Which superhighway is it? GF // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p44
Reports on the pessimistic view of cable industry's research consortium Cable-Labs regarding the potential of interactive cable. Lack of subscriber interest for the services; Change in the cost of building fiber systems and their reliability to improve video delivery.
- Web TV. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Oct96, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p49
Reports on developments that will bring about a convergence of Internet and television. Surfing the World Wide Web on television screens; Multiple viewers of one Web page; Which companies are developing such technologies; Role of the cable companies; Efforts being made to work out the final...
- Interactive television. Murrie, Michael // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p28
Discusses developments which reflect the entry of interactive television news. Videotron Ltd.'s offering of the first television news; Activities of newspaper that has something to do with interactive video news; Background on the company NuMedia, a venture by NBC and IBM.
- A new interactivity. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p22
Details the efforts of interactive television vendors in the United States to develop the technology. Effort of manufacturers to develop standards-based plug-and-play devices that can be operated through the television's remote; Offering of Internet access over cable networks by WebTV Networks...
- Columbus Dispatch owner to provide interactive TV. A.P. // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p25
Reports on plans of the Columbus, Ohio-based Dispatch Printing Co. to create a subsidiary which will provide wireless interactive television services in the area. Use of interactive television to facilitate banking, home shopping and college registration services.